Exhaust manifolds

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ignorant import guy

What style exhuast manifold is the most reliable. Is it that "ram Horn" style, the tubular design, or the forged. I'm not building a straight drag car, just one to occasionally push 15 or so psi. Probably around 250whp.

I don't think anyone makes a forged turbo manifold. That would be quite expensive... and very difficult since you have internal geometry to create.

The large cast manifolds typically last the longest because they carry the most material and have no welds. They're made in one piece. They don't flow as well as balanced tubular manifolds, but for the power level you're looking at, it won't matter.

where can I find something to block off the wastegate port in the manifold...I'm running an internal wastegate on my turbo and the only cast manifolds I can find have a flange for an external wastegate built in....I know I have seen the flanges or cover or whatever they are called but I can't find them

Get a piece of plate steel from the hardware store (thick gauge), make a gasket, drill some holes, bolt it in place.

Back