Exhaust Not Loud?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stud4u2c17

i just put on an aftermarket catback muffler on my crx and i mean you can barely hear it still... is there a resonator on the car or sumthin, i see a bubble before the bend in the exhaust is that the cat or a resonator... im juss very dissappionted... i want to be loud!! lol thanks
TJ

loud blows. When your ehaust is loud, it pisses off all your naighbors and other motorists, you draw attention from cops and ricers, and a loud tone on the highway for a long peroid of time will make you sleepy. That is the reason I hate my car on the highway, it is just too loud, next time I have to go a long ways alone, i am going up to my local drugs store and buying some foam earplugs.

Loud exhaust is a ricer thing.

Your exhaust pipe will get louder as it ages.

yea, i think my car's too loud also. i dont really like it, but if u want to make ur car loud, just go to a muffler shop and get 2 1/4" custom piping, it'll cost u like 90 bucks, and u'll go faster too....

:werd: Yeah having an extremely loud exhaust gets to you after a while. I mean going on the highway in5th gear and just hearing that same loud ass sound the whole way really is annoying, I mean it wouldn't be bad if it was only loud like above 5k but all the time is horrible on the ears, and pisses tons and tons of people off.

I wish my exhaust was quiet but well it isn't because the moron before put 2-1/2 inch piping, headers, no resonators, a race cat and a big ass muffler with a gay tip, so yeah well its really loud.

count your blessings ur exhaust is not loud.

LOUD = RICE....im my holy opinion.

when i had my 89 std hatch, i put a shitty (albeit 500.00) "bosal brospeed"
exhaust on it from stillen motorsports. i could barely hear the exhaust as well,
and to my chagrin, i learned that i wasted 500.00 on an exhaust that did not give me
much more than 1? horsepower.

if you want ur exhaust to make noise, take off ur cat, cut off the chrome tip of the exhuast,
and put on some headers.

but im telling you now, unless you have a swap in your crx, your mildly stock engine with just bolt ons....
its not worth it financially to shell out 500.00 for an exhaust. you wont notice that much more power....
at least to the point where it is worth it.

if you want to go "loud" save your money, and just unbolt your stock exhaust....

Someone mentioned that 2 1/2" piping will not only make your car louder but also faster. If I wanted that extra flow by installing 2 1/2" piping would I be able to significantly reduce the noise level while still keeping the extra power with a resonator or silenced muffler? Thanks for the help my peeps. :eek:

the closer piping to the combustion chamber will net better gains than any muffler ever will. You wanna keep the sound down and keep perf up? Run 2.5" piping and worry about getting a good muffler for the sake of muffling, you might loose like 1-2 peakhp but at least you can hear yourself think. Oh yeah, this is prety self explanitory but make sure the tip protrudes from the back bumber and doesnt hide underneath it, thatll cut down cabin noise big time.

If you want to be loud simply for the sake of having a loud car then go post on howtogivehondasabadname.com and quit wasting server space here.

IMO... a 2.5 piping is way too big of a diameter. Unless you have pnp and have a crazy all motor set up, i think a 2.5 will make you lose horsepower. :huh:

Originally posted by egsir@Apr 13 2003, 04:25 AM
IMO... a 2.5 piping is way too big of a diameter. Unless you have pnp and have a crazy all motor set up, i think a 2.5 will make you lose horsepower. :huh:

You thought wrong.

Originally posted by stud4u2c17@Apr 12 2003, 11:15 AM
i just put on an aftermarket catback muffler on my crx and i mean you can barely hear it still... is there a resonator on the car or sumthin, i see a bubble before the bend in the exhaust is that the cat or a resonator... im juss very dissappionted... i want to be loud!! lol thanks
TJ

Dam your the first guy I know who complains about a too quite of a custom exhaust. loud exhaust just so you want the sound=ricers dream.

Originally posted by egsir@Apr 13 2003, 03:25 AM

Uh, noooo.....

personally id use 2.25 if ur sohc, and 2.5 if ur dohc....read up on the back pressure article thing, if ur worried bout losing hp with too big of a diameter...my 2cents

so you think the guy won't lose back pressure from using a 2.5 diameter piping on a sohc? :sleep: okay i was thinking wrong liquidmeth and calesta... whatever.

Originally posted by egsir@Apr 13 2003, 10:47 PM
so you think the guy won't lose back pressure from using a 2.5 diameter piping on a sohc? :sleep: okay i was thinking wrong liquidmeth and calesta... whatever.

It doesn't matter if it's SOHC or DOHC- size your exhaust to your estimated power levels and the amount of exhaust flow you know you'll be having. You want the largest exhaust you can fit on there while maintaining smooth flow- any turbulence, and you lose your smooth flow and exhaust scavenging properties, and you start to lose power...

alright my bad. Fools from Inline 4 kept insisting that 2.5 diameter was to big for my setup and i have a b16a. well last time i listen to those assholes.

Originally posted by egsir@Apr 14 2003, 12:48 AM
alright my bad. Fools from Inline 4 kept insisting that 2.5 diameter was to big for my setup and i have a b16a. well last time i listen to those assholes.

Depending on your setup, 2.5 might be too big for your B16.

Back