Exhaust on a civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

illmatik

what is the best sounding exhaust for a 92 hb dx, im about to do a b16 sir2 swap and im thinkin about whats the best sounding exhaust for it.. im not lookin for that raspy loud exhaust im lookin for a nice deep soft sounding exhaust that enhances the engine by letting it breathe i want performance and also a nice deep soft sounding sound.

go with the apexi world sport or the hks, but dunno if they make it for the hatches, plus the hks is a BEEFY!!! exhaust

I personally love my 5-zigen, it really allows the deep notes to come out. I'm probably biased though...

Originally posted by illmatik@Nov 17 2003, 09:58 PM
what is the best sounding exhaust for a 92 hb dx, im about to do a b16 sir2 swap and im thinkin about whats the best sounding exhaust for it.. im not lookin for that raspy loud exhaust im lookin for a nice deep soft sounding exhaust that enhances the engine by letting it breathe i want performance and also a nice deep soft sounding sound.

I have the same swap in my car - go with the Thermal Classic catback, it sounds real sick.

:withstupid: i have the thermal turbo on mine and it has a nice deep sound, dosent sound like a sworm of bees in my exhaust

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Dec 9 2003, 07:02 PM
costed me a nice penny. but it sounds great, i got an rsr

:withstupid: They are pricy, but well worth it. I don't think you can get them in the states under RS*R anymore, they have a new stateside name don't they?

I like the sound of the Mugen one. That's a nice sounding one. I also like the Spoon N1 as long you have the cat and a resinated b-pipe. I like.

other day i was at work and i saw a RSR and the piping was rusting. maybe he took it to the snow or something and got salt all over it? is this commen with them?? i got a greddy SP i dont think they make it anymore but they make the MX and i think they are the same. it sounds really smooth like a low pitch humming blowing noise and doesnt get raspy at all.

I have a GREDDY EVOLUTION on my 97 Coupe. I would prefer a GREDDY EVOLUTION....but it wouldnt look right on a HB....so I would recommend a GREDDY SP...it specially looks great on EG's :D

Originally posted by highperboi@Dec 9 2003, 10:57 PM
they dont make SP anymore

Rust > SP

My friend put a Greddy Sp on his celica and in a week the inside of the tip was all rusted as were the welds . . .

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Dec 11 2003, 01:05 PM

Rust > SP

My friend put a Greddy Sp on his celica and in a week the inside of the tip was all rusted as were the welds . . .

:concur: ...i heard that to..this guy who owns a jdm motor shop told me to stay away for that reason

Back