Exhaust Overhaul

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

d17type-R

Doc Brown says
Need some answers. I pulled off the exhaust manifold, piping, and muffler. I'm going to keep the rubber hangers for the next setup.

Question 1: Do I still have to keep the flange connector bolts that join up the manifold to the exhaust pipe and the pipe to the "muffler"?

Question 2: Being that I'm most likely to be putting this new setup in myself, is there an exhaust system that;
- goes from the header back?
- is bolt in?
- requires NO welding?
- DOESN'T sound farty or like, "bap,bap, bap" or "Rninininininininin"?(think G35)
- allows for turbo?

Question 3: Which is better if I'm installing a turbo system: Long header or short?

All help is really appreciated and I'm sorry for previously being an ass!
I was having a bad week and it's nobody else's fault and I see that now.;)

#1.. keep everything.. you may need it

#2.. yes.. there is .. RSR exmag or Apexi WS

#3.. neither long or short.. turbos dont use a header, they use a turbo manifold.. but if you have a d17, i think civic CX manifold will work

Last edited:
Magnaflow catback exhaust has a good deep tone for the 01-03 civic.. you can even go on to magnaflow.com and check out how the exhaust sounds on your car.. but deffinetly keep the rubber hangers because the magnaflow system bolts right in.. i installed this exhaust on my friends em2 and it sounds mint.. and for the headers if your going to turbo then you need a manifold if no DC makes a great set of headers for the ex EM2.. hope i helped out

Back