1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust Overhaul

Discussion in 'Civic - EP, FA, FG' started by d17type-R, Oct 3, 2006.

1. d17type-R

d17type-R Doc Brown says

Langley BC
    Need some answers. I pulled off the exhaust manifold, piping, and muffler. I'm going to keep the rubber hangers for the next setup.

Question 1: Do I still have to keep the flange connector bolts that join up the manifold to the exhaust pipe and the pipe to the "muffler"?

Question 2: Being that I'm most likely to be putting this new setup in myself, is there an exhaust system that;
    - goes from the header back?
    - is bolt in?
    - requires NO welding?
    - DOESN'T sound farty or like, "bap,bap, bap" or "Rninininininininin"?(think G35)
    - allows for turbo?

Question 3: Which is better if I'm installing a turbo system: Long header or short?

All help is really appreciated and I'm sorry for previously being an ass!
    I was having a bad week and it's nobody else's fault and I see that now.;)
  2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

661 BK CA
    #1.. keep everything.. you may need it

#2.. yes.. there is .. RSR exmag or Apexi WS

#3.. neither long or short.. turbos dont use a header, they use a turbo manifold.. but if you have a d17, i think civic CX manifold will work
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  3. dtokem2

dtokem2 This aint no SOHC..

new york
    Magnaflow catback exhaust has a good deep tone for the 01-03 civic.. you can even go on to magnaflow.com and check out how the exhaust sounds on your car.. but deffinetly keep the rubber hangers because the magnaflow system bolts right in.. i installed this exhaust on my friends em2 and it sounds mint.. and for the headers if your going to turbo then you need a manifold if no DC makes a great set of headers for the ex EM2.. hope i helped out
Draft saved Draft deleted