Exhaust question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thirdwallace

I recently got pulled over because the muffler thats on my teg was too loud, Ive been thinking about replacing it for that very reason, does anyone know a good muffler that will dampen the sound but not cause much hp lose. Oh and by the way its 2.5" piping.... Thanks!

RS*R is known as a very quite exhaust with little restriction. What year is your teg? Check out RS-R.com for pricing and all of that. (it is the Street one that looks like a plane old stock muffler)

Also, you can just weld up a straight through resonator (not a glasspack) and still keep pretty good flow. Magnaflow makes a good one. They list it under there 4 inch mufflers. You weld this between the cat and the muffler to quite everthing down with physics (if waves hit at the right way, they cancel each other out (destrutive interferance) the longer the resonator the better. The 4ich muffler is the width of the canistor.

Vibrant Type V's are nice. THey're SS can come in 2.5" ID. They come with a bolt in silencer. Others that are nice are the Blitz Nur Spec 2.5" NA muffler.

the more open and less restrictive your exhaust is then usually it's much louder.

i say go with the Apex WS, very quiet and cheap.

Milan

im not a fan of the big fart can looking exhaust or those rediciouly big dual tipper's but i like how nice the greddy evo sounds. has a nice growl to it.

Back