1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust question

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by UDT, Sep 29, 2004.

1. UDT

UDT Senior Member

Does any one know if a stock ls muffler will bolt up to a stock GSR B pipe middle pipe and if so are the brackets on the ls muffler the same as on a GS-R? Does any one know where can get a stock GS-R exhaust cheap? used or not must be in good shape though. Most salvages places around here just said thay dont have any gsr parts.

2. PhyRe

PhyRe Senior Member

hey i just ripped mine off cat back all stock if my boy didnt junk it yet ill let you know. 90% perfect

3. UDT

UDT Senior Member

Has to fit a GS-R 97+

4. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

Jeff - It should work as long as the body style is the same 94-01.

5. UDT

UDT Senior Member

Wanna sell your stock ls muffler? :D

I dont supose a stock ls muffler would bolt up to my apexi n1 B pipe/middle pipe?

6. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

If I didn't throw all of my stock exhaust away after I got the Invidia I would give it to you for free.

7. UDT

UDT Senior Member

Bitch!

8. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

jeff why don't you get an aftermarket oe style muffler with a 2.25/2.5 in and matching out, good flow without the noise

9. UDT

UDT Senior Member

Well ehres the deal, some strait trhrough exhausts do sound ricey like the %zigen fireball though i even think that ones fun sounding but my N1 really does sound good and can be exeptably quiet below Vtec enguagement did i mention the sound after the Vtec pops is awsome. It can get loud but over all it really has a nice tone and can be quiet enough.

But the real deal is i was already considering the Apexi WS but just cant afford it now and i need an exhaust for the smog refs. Plus i have a buddie with a complete Greddy Evo on his GS-R now and is willing to trade it for a stock Exhaust, all that with the tip of my N1 being not 100% round after the spin on the 10 freeway. Initially i was gonna just buy another Apexi N1 can and have it put on to my current N1 pipping or use another uni type exhaust, and i probably still will or at least keep the pipping but the greddy evo for a stock exhaust is to good a deal to pass up plus i need it for the smog refs.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted