Exhaust Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lswhitecivic

VIP
Im about to get an exhaust system for my civic. I am going for a stock look with bigger piping. I was thinking about getting either a magnaflow, dynomax, or es oval style muffler. Which one is best for the price? I think dynomax is the cheapest but i have heard some good things about them. Any thoughts?

Ben

Originally posted by lswhitecivic@Nov 12 2004, 06:55 PM
Im about to get an exhaust system for my civic. I am going for a stock look with bigger piping. I was thinking about getting either a magnaflow, dynomax, or es oval style muffler. Which one is best for the price? I think dynomax is the cheapest but i have heard some good things about them. Any thoughts?

Ben
[post=416106]Quoted post[/post]​

I have got a magnaflow muffler on my car with ~2.5" piping and it sound deep and real smooth :D

Oh yeah i am planning on going without a cat or a resonator just the muffler, should this still sound ok or what effects on sound could not having a cat or resonator have?

Ben

Originally posted by lswhitecivic@Nov 12 2004, 05:10 PM
Oh yeah i am planning on going without a cat or a resonator just the muffler, should this still sound ok or what effects on sound could not having a cat or resonator have?

Ben
[post=416117]Quoted post[/post]​

Really loud. Check and see if your state has dB level limits for exhaust I know the one here in Cali is below 95dB.

DUDE at least run a cat

a) IMO your car will sound like shit without one

B) i like breathing as much as you like sounding cool

Fuck the cat. Just run a pre-silencer. (Another muffler)

Straight exhaust is MUCH louder than you think. Too loud to drive around without getting pulled over.....

Due to some prick breaking into my car i have to put the custom exhaust on hold. Need to spend the money to replace stolen shit and some security. What i need to know is I was thinkin just so i could get some thing better for an exhaust than the stock cx pipes that are completey restricting; would a ex, or si coupe exhaust bolt up or will it be to long on my hatch? You think its worth putting something like that on just for now?

I know that a eg si hatch exhaust should just bolt up but out here in colorado i don't see to many of those.

Thanks
Ben

Back