1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust question

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Justin66, May 14, 2010.

1. Justin66

Justin66 The Hondaswap Canadian

I have an exhaust leak up front. I took it to Honda to check it, also for a valve adjustment. He told me there is a hole in the collector pipe which connects to the flex pipe and that i would need to take it to an exhaust shop. I have a DC sports header, is this something an exhaust shop can make/have or this a DC thing i have to get?

2. civichatch1988

civichatch1988 Ef hatch

Take it to a muffler shop say I have this small hole on my exhaust how much to weld it?

3. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

yeah man, any muffler shop will know what to do.

4. Magana559

Magana559 The Warden

any will do that if you still have a cat.

5. Justin66

Justin66 The Hondaswap Canadian

Cool thanks for the info.

I tried a different shop this time and i was pleasantly surprised with their work. I just showed up and explained that i have a leak in my collector somewhere and that i have an aftermarket exhaust. In 2 minutes they freed up a lift, looked around and found it after 5 mins, there was a hole on top of the pipe where the bracket is, where the 2 pipes meet into 1, just before the flex pipe. It was a nasty spot to try and find but luckily an easy one to fix. He said he could patch it, or cut that piece off and weld a new one and bracket on for $80, so i did that, rather it be a permanent fix. From now on im taking my non specialized honda repairs there. Done in less than an hour too.

Got a good look at my exhaust and i never realized how nice the DC ceramic coated pipes look, under body in good shape too.

Last edited: May 14, 2010
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted