Exhaust question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Justin66

The Hondaswap Canadian
I have an exhaust leak up front. I took it to Honda to check it, also for a valve adjustment. He told me there is a hole in the collector pipe which connects to the flex pipe and that i would need to take it to an exhaust shop. I have a DC sports header, is this something an exhaust shop can make/have or this a DC thing i have to get?

Cool thanks for the info.

I tried a different shop this time and i was pleasantly surprised with their work. I just showed up and explained that i have a leak in my collector somewhere and that i have an aftermarket exhaust. In 2 minutes they freed up a lift, looked around and found it after 5 mins, there was a hole on top of the pipe where the bracket is, where the 2 pipes meet into 1, just before the flex pipe. It was a nasty spot to try and find but luckily an easy one to fix. He said he could patch it, or cut that piece off and weld a new one and bracket on for $80, so i did that, rather it be a permanent fix. From now on im taking my non specialized honda repairs there. Done in less than an hour too.

Got a good look at my exhaust and i never realized how nice the DC ceramic coated pipes look, under body in good shape too.

Last edited:
Back