Exhaust question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboRex90

Golden EG
So im looking for an exhaust for a 95 si hatch, but not sure which to get. The car has a stock motor in it with no exhaust, but i have a boosted motor to install once the car is through emissions and inspections. Question is, what brand should i look for, that will pass emissions, but still work for performance on a boosted motor. I was looking into maybe a Jujistubo or Apexi, that looks somewhat like:

apexi_exhaust_ws2.jpg

100_1012.jpg

Trying to keep the full exhaust under 400$, even if its used its ok, as long as its in good condition and will pass. Also curious if an aftermarket header would pass inspection? I just need to put the car through as a NA car.

i dont see why not?

as long as you have your cat and o2 sensors working properly there should not be any issues with whatever muffler you toss on there.

header and exhaust does not effect emissions testing, as long as the o2 sensor is working and located in the the proper place.

The tune on my p28 ECU i would be using was done on a closed loop with no O2.. Dont ask why, i havent been back to that tuner nor have i been tuned since, Dumb question.. just pluggin up an O2 sensor wouldnt work at this point on that ecu would it?...

Back