Exhaust Questions...96 EK with a B-Series

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NickW

First here's the set-up:
Car--96 civic coupe
Motor--B18b

Okay, here's the deal...Its a b18b with stock header, My EX cat and a tanabe Racing Medalion. I have an RS*R ex-mag in the mail and my current set-up is ghetto rigged, has a huge leak, sounds like crap and looks like crap. When my RS*R comes in, I want to do it the right way. I've decided to remove the cat in favor or a Test-pipe, but I really don't know if anyone makes them, what length I should get or if I can get one for a 99-00 Si and will my exhaust made for an EX still bolt up? I've talked to some local shops and they said they could weld a test pipe in, but if I can find one, I'll just buy that and put it in.

Any help here..what are you gusy using?

Cliff notes: EK with an LS swap, what cat/Test pipe should I use to make it work with an exhaust made for a 96 EX?

Edelbrock.

Pro-Flo Competition Header
Built from 304 stainless steel, this competition header for B16/B18 engines features the (A) section from our Pro Flo headers #6752 and our Racing B-Pipe #6719. Engineered for maximum flow, this is an ideal, bolt-on competition exhaust system for the all motor enthusiast. For off-road race use only. Fits 1994-01 Acura Integra GS/RS/LS (non-VTEC), 1994-99 Acura Integra GSR, 1997-01 Acura Integra Type R, 1999-00 Honda Civic SI, and 1994-97 Honda Del Sol (B16A VTEC).
Description Part No.
Competition Header (natural finish) for B16/B18 engines #6725*

Racing B-Pipe
Drive to the track with our street-legal exhaust system then, in a matter of minutes, bolt on our 3" Racing B-Pipe for lower E.T.’s. Designed specifically for Edelbrock Pro-Flo headers, the 3" Racing B-Pipe replaces the 2" B-Pipe for considerable gains in racing applications, and includes the O2 sensor bung. Available in ceramic coated mild steel or unpolished 304 stainless steel.
Racing B-Pipe Part No.
Ceramic coated mild steel #6809*
304 stainless steel (natural finish) #6719*

Clicky...

Hmm, I'm just looking for the pipe that would delete my cat, just connect from the header directly to the exhaust system. I'd like one with adjustable flanges so I can line them up.

Something like this:
e6_1.JPG

I have similar pipe that NickW posted pic.. SuperSprint.
I got it 2nd hand, pretty cheap, works well :)

:lmao:

Ummm... OK. Just have the muffler shop weld in a "test pipe" when you get it installed. The "test pipe" you are looking for is a piece of exhaust piping. <_< It should cost $5.

Originally posted by R32GTR+Dec 3 2004, 05:07 AM-->
Nice cars Honda's my sister has one B)
[post=425688]Quoted post[/post]​

sohcslammer
@Dec 3 2004, 01:53 PM

Ummm... OK. Just have the muffler shop weld in a "test pipe" when you get it installed. The "test pipe" you are looking for is a piece of exhaust piping. <_< It should cost $5.
[post=425820]Quoted post[/post]​

shops in mn cant touch a modified system like they theyre are fines and penalties , unless they are doing it back alley , or for free

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Dec 3 2004, 12:53 PM

[post=425820]Quoted post[/post]​

And most shops don't want to jack around with something like this. I'm deleting the CAT, not really a legal procedure. Also, when you do take it to just some local shop, you're right they'll just weld a pipe in there and not care how it looks and/or if it changed the way the exhaust looks and hangs.

I was looking for a pipe to replace the cat with, and I had trouble finding them so I posted about it, with not much luck either, so I'll have to have a shop just weld a pipe from my 500 dollar exhaust to my header.

Back