1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust Questions...96 EK with a B-Series

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by NickW, Dec 2, 2004.

1. NickW

NickW Junior Member

First here's the set-up:
    Car--96 civic coupe
    Motor--B18b

Okay, here's the deal...Its a b18b with stock header, My EX cat and a tanabe Racing Medalion. I have an RS*R ex-mag in the mail and my current set-up is ghetto rigged, has a huge leak, sounds like crap and looks like crap. When my RS*R comes in, I want to do it the right way. I've decided to remove the cat in favor or a Test-pipe, but I really don't know if anyone makes them, what length I should get or if I can get one for a 99-00 Si and will my exhaust made for an EX still bolt up? I've talked to some local shops and they said they could weld a test pipe in, but if I can find one, I'll just buy that and put it in.

Any help here..what are you gusy using?

Cliff notes: EK with an LS swap, what cat/Test pipe should I use to make it work with an exhaust made for a 96 EX?

2. sohcslammer

sohcslammer Senior Member

Edelbrock.

Pro-Flo Competition Header
    Built from 304 stainless steel, this competition header for B16/B18 engines features the (A) section from our Pro Flo headers #6752 and our Racing B-Pipe #6719. Engineered for maximum flow, this is an ideal, bolt-on competition exhaust system for the all motor enthusiast. For off-road race use only. Fits 1994-01 Acura Integra GS/RS/LS (non-VTEC), 1994-99 Acura Integra GSR, 1997-01 Acura Integra Type R, 1999-00 Honda Civic SI, and 1994-97 Honda Del Sol (B16A VTEC).
    Description Part No.
    Competition Header (natural finish) for B16/B18 engines #6725*

Racing B-Pipe
    Drive to the track with our street-legal exhaust system then, in a matter of minutes, bolt on our 3" Racing B-Pipe for lower E.T.’s. Designed specifically for Edelbrock Pro-Flo headers, the 3" Racing B-Pipe replaces the 2" B-Pipe for considerable gains in racing applications, and includes the O2 sensor bung. Available in ceramic coated mild steel or unpolished 304 stainless steel.
    Racing B-Pipe Part No.
    Ceramic coated mild steel #6809*
    304 stainless steel (natural finish) #6719*

Clicky...

3. NickW

NickW Junior Member

Hmm, I'm just looking for the pipe that would delete my cat, just connect from the header directly to the exhaust system. I'd like one with adjustable flanges so I can line them up.

Something like this:
    [​IMG]

4. Nick7

Nick7 Member

I have similar pipe that NickW posted pic.. SuperSprint.
    I got it 2nd hand, pretty cheap, works well :)

5. NickW

NickW Junior Member

Do you know where they can be picked up by chance?

6. sohcslammer

sohcslammer Senior Member

:lmao:

Ummm... OK. Just have the muffler shop weld in a "test pipe" when you get it installed. The "test pipe" you are looking for is a piece of exhaust piping. <_< It should cost $5.

7. b204dr

b204dr Senior Member

shops in mn cant touch a modified system like they theyre are fines and penalties , unless they are doing it back alley , or for free

8. NickW

NickW Junior Member

And most shops don't want to jack around with something like this. I'm deleting the CAT, not really a legal procedure. Also, when you do take it to just some local shop, you're right they'll just weld a pipe in there and not care how it looks and/or if it changed the way the exhaust looks and hangs.

I was looking for a pipe to replace the cat with, and I had trouble finding them so I posted about it, with not much luck either, so I'll have to have a shop just weld a pipe from my 500 dollar exhaust to my header.

9. YouKnowWhoIBee

YouKnowWhoIBee my avatar is better.

check out testpipe.com or something like that wording i cant remember and to lazy to look .

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted