exhaust replacement

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Periculum

Right now my CRX HF has a little bit of a choppy exhaust, nothing like it would be if the timing was off, kinda random and subtle. I have something in the resonator that sounds like rocks when the pipe is jiggled. the exhaust gets really bad when im parked on a hill and sometimes makes a big poof, right after it moves around whatever it is in the pipe.

Anyway the question is should i replace the whole exhaust? just the cat back?
im also wondering where to look for pipes and headers, i dont want anthing noisy or a fart can, just something i wont have to worry about.

If i replace the manifold with headers and the catback pipe, would i still have a cat on my hf? it doesnt look like it from checking out the pipes.

thx

i took the headers off of my HF motor. with D-series motors the cat is built into the headers. you should just replace your whole system with 2.25 inc all the way back. I did that up and used all the stock hangers and put a flowmaster 40 series on it with a 12" glass pack as a resonator and thing sounded mean. still had a little high pitched rice to it but not like a fart can or something

HF's have the cat oright off the exhaust manifold. You could buy a header, highflow cat, and catback exhaust. You'd be running the same exhaust setup as a DX or Si (and you can still usee all the original hangers). RSR exmag or an Apexi worldsport will give it a low drone at idle w/out the WOT tin-can noise...but they're pricey

Back