1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exhaust replacement

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Periculum, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Periculum

Periculum Senior Member

Right now my CRX HF has a little bit of a choppy exhaust, nothing like it would be if the timing was off, kinda random and subtle. I have something in the resonator that sounds like rocks when the pipe is jiggled. the exhaust gets really bad when im parked on a hill and sometimes makes a big poof, right after it moves around whatever it is in the pipe.

Anyway the question is should i replace the whole exhaust? just the cat back?
    im also wondering where to look for pipes and headers, i dont want anthing noisy or a fart can, just something i wont have to worry about.

If i replace the manifold with headers and the catback pipe, would i still have a cat on my hf? it doesnt look like it from checking out the pipes.

thx

2. drpenguin

drpenguin Senior Member

i took the headers off of my HF motor. with D-series motors the cat is built into the headers. you should just replace your whole system with 2.25 inc all the way back. I did that up and used all the stock hangers and put a flowmaster 40 series on it with a 12" glass pack as a resonator and thing sounded mean. still had a little high pitched rice to it but not like a fart can or something

3. hosmer

hosmer I made the millionth post VIP

HF's have the cat oright off the exhaust manifold. You could buy a header, highflow cat, and catback exhaust. You'd be running the same exhaust setup as a DX or Si (and you can still usee all the original hangers). RSR exmag or an Apexi worldsport will give it a low drone at idle w/out the WOT tin-can noise...but they're pricey

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted