Exhaust Sound

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B-18Hatch

I want to buy DC Sports AHC6006 4-2-1 Two-Piece Header (94-01 Integra) and HCS7003 Cat-Back (89 Civic Hatch). Anyone have a .wav file of this combo?

I actuall had a dc sport ceramic coated 4-2-1 headder connected to my apexi dunk catback. I removed the cat. Bad Idea. Hondas actually run better with more back pressure. Buy the headder you might notice the HP. But mufflers are for soud. and they sound like shit. In my opinion the best sounding exhaust comes from Thermal research and development. otherwise your car will be farting all over the place/ :spin:

What kind of noise level do you want to create and what kind of pitch, i will try to steer you in the right direction.

Milan

Obviously, I want the benefit of the HP and torque gains of an aftermarket exhaust and will not settle for Autozone parts. I want a low, throaty growl (if you will) from the rear end. I DO NOT want to sound like a lown mower on Super 93 Plus.

***THREAD JACKING IN PROGRESS***

hey milan I am going for a quieter exhaust note at low rpms and a louder exhaust note around 5-6k compared to 4k, kind of like quiet till I romp on it, and yeah I want to create a deep tone w/o raspy ness. I already have a muffler that yeah is gay and 2.5 in piping w/race cat and a dc 4-2-1 header, what muffler would be the best for this?

are the canester designs like a WS just as free flowing as those striaght through designs like a N1?

Originally posted by B-18Hatch@Jun 1 2003, 10:41 PM
Obviously, I want the benefit of the HP and torque gains of an aftermarket exhaust and will not settle for Autozone parts. I want a low, throaty growl (if you will) from the rear end. I DO NOT want to sound like a lown mower on Super 93 Plus.

:D seriously dont get an exhaust system get a DC 4-1 and a 2 1/4" downpipe dont waiste ur time and money on a muffler, no use for it, plus dont expect to gain much hp and tq from bolt-ons lol, i hope u knew this

Originally posted by hypnoticzero+Jun 4 2003, 01:14 AM-->
B-18Hatch
@Jun 1 2003, 10:41 PM

:D seriously dont get an exhaust system get a DC 4-1 and a 2 1/4" downpipe dont waiste ur time and money on a muffler, no use for it, plus dont expect to gain much hp and tq from bolt-ons lol, i hope u knew this

Bolt ons are some of the best things they make for your motor i/h/e are probably the 3 bes things, imo for your motor over stock as they let the motor "breath", of course a $3,000 head job lets ur motor breath too..., but all of us arent that fortunate..... dont diss bolt ons to try and sound important. we already know that u dont know what your talking about so accept your fate... :lol: god im an ass when im tired

actually hmm lets see, oh ya true JDM tuners use stock intake box, and ohh sorry to say exhaust adds about 2hp and headers are about the bolt on to get as well as a down pipe, so hmm bolt onsa arent the best, ever heard of CAM SHAFTS, PULLIES, CAM gear timing, ignition timing, stroking it out, so bold ons arent the best and frankly to make ue engine "breath" for high perfromance is a biiger down pipe, headers, intakwe minfold and air/fuel manegment, asnd most "street racers" think bolt-ons are gonna make u fast, well thats a common ricer for you, so i have the right to diss bolt ons beause a true racer spend money on the tunning of his engine not an exhuast that sounds good for racing thats a ricer, and i wouls rather be a sleeper because cops arent on ur tail..........end of stroy

okay you fucktard, so i want to see you invest your money into cams, cam gears, and a port and polish and not add i/h/e...the simple "bolt-ons" are the starting point...sure they dont make too much power at first, but in the long run, you NEED them...learn your shit...maybe your bolt-ons didnt work on your LS/VTECH (i meant to spell it that way)...

I strongly disagree with hypnoticzero. If there are gains to be made, then get it. I hope you don't think my 1.5" CX exhaust is suitable for a NA all motor 2liter reving out to 9500rpm's, I think it would be very "restrictive" I don't like the sound of a nice SMSP header with a huge collector hitting a fucking 1.5" wall. And yes I am all about tuning, but I make sure that my motor is getting the proper air and that it has the proper most effecient way of getting exhaust OUT.

Milan

Originally posted by hypnoticzero@Jun 4 2003, 01:15 AM
^ unless ur going yo turbo then get an exhaust n1 style with a 3" downpipe

Ok another thing I just noticed, you said the quote below, "unless your going turbo....... get a downpipe" so are you saying you do or dont have turbo???

"seriously dont get an exhaust system get a DC 4-1 and a 2 1/4" downpipe dont waiste ur time and money on a muffler, no use for it, plus dont expect to gain much hp and tq from bolt-ons lol, i hope u knew this"
So its ok to have a 2 1/4" downpipe for N/A right.... but for F/I you have to go with 3" :lol: wtf.... it says here in your "mods" you have a 2 1'4 inch downpipe, so does that mean you dont have turbo. Im hella confused.
"94 Integra LS/VTEC, TODA Intake Cam shaft, Mugen air filter, 2 1/4" downpipe, dc 4-1 headers w/heat shield, skunk 2 cam gears and intake manifold. pumping all JDM power no rice invovlved......." also it looks like you have some i/h so if bolts ons dont do anything why do you have them, I think you need to get your story strait, go back to the worthless rice thread you normally post on, maybe they will belive you bullshit stories. Maybe next time you go up to the local import shop, you should pay more attention to what they are talking about.... then maybe in a couple years when ur 16 you will be able to talk... until then :newbie:

no i dont have a turbo, but all u need is a downpipe, i meane exhaust uis ok, but i jus thnk that bolt ons arent really nesasry, i mean yea stock exhuast is contricitve, but downpipe is all u really need, unless u want sound which im not in it for sound, so i would rather get a maganflow then get a tunabe which tunabe is really crap due to its made of tin and magnaflow is stainless steel. But i dont know i was trippin i jus get pissed cause there is alot of ricers down here, in southern california and they belive bolt- ons add about 20 hp.....and all these ricers want to race with tehre double deck spoiler and APC euros. I just sick of alot of un true fast and furious loving people.

tanabe is stainless steel, i had one. i like how you say "pumping all JDM power" funny how skunk2 is in the US..?? i think bolt ons are the best first step to building your motor. when you upgrade your internals, the better breathing from your normal i/h/e is going to benifit greatly from it. then you say the "true JDM tuners use stock air boxes" wtf? this is america man, not japan :lol:

what exactly do you mean by a down pipe on a naturally aspirated car? most headers that i know of bolt right to the cat or replace it. bolt ons are an inexpensive way of gaining power, just cuz everyone does it does not make it rice. and just because "real jdm tuners use their stock air boxes".... jdm is fucking rice. who cares what they do in japan? this is America. i dont use chopsticks and drive on the left side of the road. yes some of their shit is better looking nd better quality, but im not goin to buy something just cuz it is "jdm". :fr:

Back