Exhaust suggestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kanned

Beast
Cliff notes provided below

Ok, so I have a 2000 civic LX and my exhaust isn't doing it for me. It's a straight pipe with no cat, one resonator, and a big tip that I believe is about 3.5-4" with no silencer. My motor was rebuilt stock and I only have intake/headers and this exhaust that was already on the car when I bought it. The car becomes supercharged @ 4500 or so RPM in comparison to anything under(I've driven plenty 4 cylinders, I strongly believe it's exhaust) so it really feels like it's too high-flow for my motor. Besides hurting performance, it's just way too loud for my taste.

So I'm looking for an exhaust that will suit my 1.6L with intake/headers that isn't loud as hell and won't hurt performance. If it could look at least mildly stock, that'd be great. I'm having a hard time finding one through google and such. Websites, specific models, anything will be greatly appreciated. And yes, I've even looked around for a stock exhaust, but to no avail and might as well buy a new one.

I was told by someone that tried bolting up an 06-07 si muffler that it had to be cut, and I'm not looking to have to weld anything if I can avoid it.

yea it wont fit without cutting and welding,,,,greddy sp2 or tanabe touring something like that will keep the noise down

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I should have said that in the original post. Thanks for the references =)

Thanks, I'm liking the WS2 sound the most, but I really appreciate the opinions nonetheless. I'm not too familiar with honda exhausts =).

You could save tons of money by going to a meinakee and having an rsx or si muffler welded on. Just saying its not as much hassle and is far cheaper than a ws2.

I wanted to avoid welding cause I'm not so great at it our welder is being borrowed for the next couple months or so. Here's kind of a ridiculous question... Do they carry exhaust systems in stock and/or they just make them on the spot? Cause getting my hands on a newer si or rsx exhaust will still be a bit pricey from what I've researched. I'm assuming the o2 sensors will screw right in, eh?

Back