1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust suggestions

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Kanned, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Kanned

Kanned Beast

Cliff notes provided below

Ok, so I have a 2000 civic LX and my exhaust isn't doing it for me. It's a straight pipe with no cat, one resonator, and a big tip that I believe is about 3.5-4" with no silencer. My motor was rebuilt stock and I only have intake/headers and this exhaust that was already on the car when I bought it. The car becomes supercharged @ 4500 or so RPM in comparison to anything under(I've driven plenty 4 cylinders, I strongly believe it's exhaust) so it really feels like it's too high-flow for my motor. Besides hurting performance, it's just way too loud for my taste.

So I'm looking for an exhaust that will suit my 1.6L with intake/headers that isn't loud as hell and won't hurt performance. If it could look at least mildly stock, that'd be great. I'm having a hard time finding one through google and such. Websites, specific models, anything will be greatly appreciated. And yes, I've even looked around for a stock exhaust, but to no avail and might as well buy a new one.

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

stock 06-07 si or rsxs 05-06 muffler,,or greddy sp2

1 person likes this.
  3. Kanned

Kanned Beast

I was told by someone that tried bolting up an 06-07 si muffler that it had to be cut, and I'm not looking to have to weld anything if I can avoid it.

4. AHHVTEC

yea it wont fit without cutting and welding,,,,greddy sp2 or tanabe touring something like that will keep the noise down

5. Kanned

Kanned Beast

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I should have said that in the original post. Thanks for the references =)

6. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

world sport 2..good performance..but quiet..kinda deep and throaty

7. Kanned

Kanned Beast

Thanks, I'm liking the WS2 sound the most, but I really appreciate the opinions nonetheless. I'm not too familiar with honda exhausts =).

8. AHHVTEC

the only thing about the ws2 its a chambered muffler

9. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

it sounds good and had pretty good performance on my friends integra

10. killercannible

killercannible Senior Member

You could save tons of money by going to a meinakee and having an rsx or si muffler welded on. Just saying its not as much hassle and is far cheaper than a ws2.

11. Kanned

Kanned Beast

I wanted to avoid welding cause I'm not so great at it our welder is being borrowed for the next couple months or so. Here's kind of a ridiculous question... Do they carry exhaust systems in stock and/or they just make them on the spot? Cause getting my hands on a newer si or rsx exhaust will still be a bit pricey from what I've researched. I'm assuming the o2 sensors will screw right in, eh?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted