exhaust system for 4 dr gsr... ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

quikstr13

okay guys i know im really stupid at modifying cars but at least i do my own work...lol.... heres another question... i was thinking of getting headears and opening my piping just a bit... maybe like 2.25... im thinking of getting megan headers..... a magnaflow cat.... but im having troble locating the resonator..... and any suggestions for a stock looking muffler that isnt that loud??? oh by the way its a 4dr gsr.... i just dont want it to be that loud.... cause the one on right now sound like crap... any info is apreciated... thanks...

I don't think the GSR has a stock resonator, but I wrecked mine a couple years ago so I can't remember for sure. Here's my suggestion for a good sounding & free flowing exhaust.. buy the Megan headers they're a decent set & copy of DC, and if they don't have a 2.5" collector (I can't remember) have a muffler shop cut the collector off of it and weld on a 2.5" collector. Buy a magnaflow cat that is 2.5" inches inlet to outlet and run a 2.5" catback exhaust. If you need it quieter you can always add a 2.5" resonator there is plenty of room in the DC2 exhaust to put a good 18" or so resonator in there. If you go smaller you're going to be choking off the exhaust and hurting power.. any questions send me a PM I had a GSR for many years.

so i should be ok with how loud it is with no resonator... i got the magnaflow cat...... and im thinking of letting the muffler shop just putting 2.25 pipping after the cat......? and putting a stock looking tip.

What size is your magnaflow cat? To optimize your exhaust flow you should match the header's collector size to the cat so you don't have a restriction there. 2.25 should be just fine.. as far as a muffler you might want to look in to Magnaflow. They are relatively inexpensive and still high flowing, and they don't sound like a can of bees when you're driving around :D

shit man what state do you live in if you don't live in cali run a test pipe wont restrict your exhaust as much

2.25" should be good for NA. Otherwise, use 2.5" for turbo setup. Get Megan, I heard it is cheap, but quality is good too.

shit man what state do you live in if you don't live in cali run a test pipe wont restrict your exhaust as much

A test pipe vs. a high flow cat makes maybe 1-2 hp at best while polluting the environment so :nutkick: for doing something like that.

well i got the magnaflow cat on there and and i do live in cali so yea smog sucks.... but bad news...... i was on the freeway and the stupid car turns off........ got it towed and well cant figure out the problem...... have no spark so im thinking a coil or ignitor...... gonna try it tommorow but does any one have advise on how to get the stupid ignitor screws out.... the space is little and hard to get to them..... and ima check to see the voltage...... if anyone has info..... please.... im dying with out a car..... advise is greatly appreciated....

oh yea i got some decent wear and tear DC SPORT 4-1 headers.... for like 50 bucks..... if my car ever runs again ima put them on... lol

life sucks without my teggy.... :_(

Did you check for ECU codes? Hopefully it threw a code when it died and that will point you in the right direction.

are you using a scanner? Try jumping the service connector in the passenger side kick panel area and count the check engine light flashes..

yup.... obd2.... but i am using the passenger and nutting.... it doesnt flash but it beeps about five times....

The beeping sounds rather odd.. but it looks like it didn't throw a code. Sorry I'm not sure about the screws on the igniter it's been a long time since I had my Teg unless you have a picture. It's probably an igniter or coil, but could also be your cap & rotor depending on how long it's been in there. My GSR died while driving it once and it turned out to be the cap & rotor wasn't delivering enough current to get the plug to spark.

yea im so confused.... i changed the cap and rotor.... so they are new.... but im thinking of just giving up and taking it to a shop.... cause i need it running by tommorow... thanks for the advise....

run a stock s2k axle back for the exhaust with the 2.25 midpipe and the dc headers..it will open up more but be quiet enough as well

well its a db8..... but wat if i go 2 inch piping would i feel any power gain or loss.... and wats the size of stock piping???? if anyone knows??? im to lazy to do research???

run a stock s2k axle back for the exhaust with the 2.25 midpipe and the dc headers..it will open up more but be quiet enough as well

You realize an S2000 uses a dual muffler exhaust, right? I very much doubt that it would fit on his Integra without running some crazy custom mid-pipe, plus custom hangers to hang the mufflers.

Honestly I think it would look gay and be retarded. He can have a custom exhaust built that's quiet and performs decently for a lot less money.

Back