exhaust system

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2rzfe

Can anyone recomend a good cat back for a non vtech 99 integra and a good header. What is the best type of header ( 4-1 or 4-2-1), I've heard 4-1?

Thermal is the best exhaust I have heard. It has a nice mellow deep tone. For headers dc sports makes ok header (4-1 my rec) without spending huge $$$.

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Oct 29 2004, 10:50 PM
Thermal is the best exhaust I have heard. It has a nice mellow deep tone. For headers dc sports makes ok header (4-1 my rec) without spending huge $$$.
[post=409302]Quoted post[/post]​

I dunno i kinda like a higher pitch phone

Can anyone recomend a good cat back for a non v-tech 99 integra and a good header.

:gunfight: v-tech.............its VTEC

Ben

I have a 2001 Integra LS and I am running tHe Invidia catback I got it for $400 for the full system. Header the Dc Sports isn't too bad I think it is pretty good for the price but there are better. By the way the exhaust is loud as hell.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Oct 29 2004, 06:16 PM
I have a 2001 Integra LS and I am running tHe Invidia catback I got it for $400 for the full system. Header the Dc Sports isn't too bad I think it is pretty good for the price but there are better. By the way the exhaust is loud as hell.
[post=409310]Quoted post[/post]​

You wouldn't know loud exhaust if it snuck up and raped you from behind. :p I think your exhaust sounds BAD ASS... my .02 cents

I like my WS2 and it makes my vtech sound badass.

but it did melt after a while.

Originally posted by 2rzfe@Oct 29 2004, 05:44 PM
Can anyone recomend a good cat back for a non v-tech 99 integra and a good header. What is the best type of header ( 4-1 or 4-2-1), I've heard 4-1?
[post=409297]Quoted post[/post]​

Exhaust - get a good muffler (magnaflow, dynomax, thermal, max speed) and have a muffler shop custom bend you an exhaust. Fuck spending $500+.

Header - The JG headers are actually a good price and I've seen dynos of them making more power than the DCs.

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Oct 30 2004, 11:58 AM-->
@Oct 29 2004, 05:44 PM
Can anyone recomend a good cat back for a non v-tech 99 integra and a good header. What is the best type of header ( 4-1 or 4-2-1), I've heard 4-1?

Exhaust - get a good muffler (magnaflow, dynomax, thermal, max speed) and have a muffler shop custom bend you an exhaust. Fuck spending $500+.

Header - The JG headers are actually a good price and I've seen dynos of them making more power than the DCs.
[post=409528]Quoted post[/post]​

Ohh Man...Have a shop custom bend your exhaust is not a good idea...If your pipe is 2 1/4, when they start bending the shit would get to maybe 2 inches where they bend it....I had it done before at @ local shop around my area.....and looked like crap....It Looked more like the original exhaust.......I think you'd be better off buying a straight pipe with the elbows needed so you can keep the same shape all the way around....Have someone weld the shit for you and you're all set... Thats If you're broke like me.....BUt If You have the Money Buy yourself a stainless steel piece of crap.....and avoid the cutting and welding shit....Get it Got it Goooood!

I went with 2 1/2 with my gsr setup....Looks and sound good... I dont like that too loud crap anyways.....

Have Fun! Take It To the Track :nod:

Originally posted by Estorvito+Oct 30 2004, 11:12 AM-->
Originally posted by sohcslammer@Oct 30 2004, 11:58 AM
2rzfe
@Oct 29 2004, 05:44 PM

[post=409528]Quoted post[/post]​

Ohh Man...Have a shop custom bend your exhaust is not a good idea...If your pipe is 2 1/4, when they start bending the shit would get to maybe 2 inches where they bend it....I had it done before at @ local shop around my area.....and looked like crap....It Looked more like the original exhaust.......I think you'd be better off buying a straight pipe with the elbows needed so you can keep the same shape all the way around....Have someone weld the shit for you and you're all set... Thats If you're broke like me.....BUt If You have the Money Buy yourself a stainless steel piece of crap.....and avoid the cutting and welding shit....Get it Got it Goooood!

I went with 2 1/2 with my gsr setup....Looks and sound good... I dont like that too loud crap anyways.....

Have Fun! Take It To the Track :nod:
[post=409534]Quoted post[/post]​

Sorry, I don't live in Mexico. It's called MANDREL bends. My buddy spent $100 on his muffler and $150 having a shop custom bend his 2 1/2 inch exhaust and it looks and sounds bad ass.

Originally posted by Blanco@Oct 31 2004, 01:58 PM
But does it perform as well?
[post=409881]Quoted post[/post]​

lol why wouldint it? Theres nothing magic about exhaust systems.

i biuld custom stainless steel mandrel bent exhausts with stainless hangers and stainless welds for around 250 for 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 and around 300 for 3" or above...did mine on my car with a catco high flow cat and a 16" long 2 1/2" dia. stainless steel res and a knock off straight through design muffler and it flows great and sounds awesome. This is not to say that u will be able to go to your local muffler shop and be able to have this done. I have an outlet for stainless pipe and stainless mandrel bends for a reasonable price, and also have stainless rod for hangers and stainless wire for my welder for stainless welds....if u know the right people u can have a nice custom complete stainless mandrel bent exhaust done reasonable and have it perform jst as well as any 4-500$ cat back system

There You Go!.. and Like BLANCO said....BUt does it perform well?

:werd:

oh and dumb ass....You're right......Mandrel bent exhaust...sorry :gives: ......I didn't know...But You...wow you wow......holy s@*t.....You cant tell the difference between a Puerto Rican Flag and a Mexican Flag.........

............AGAIN.........Very slowly..........
....T h a t s a P u e r t o R i c a n F l a g... N o t a M e x i c a n
f l a g.... :fuckyou2:

if ur like myself....and have a swap if you buy an aftermarket exhaust to fit your car....its gen not the exhaust meant for your motor...so u can throw your whole researched and developed for a specific car/engine out the window. and a mandrel bent xhaust is a mandrel bent exhaust i dont care who desinged it and researched it...ill bet my exhaust flows abotu 98% as well if not 100% as well as any aftermarket system...oh and other than dyno testing it is possible to resarch and develop on your own

Originally posted by driver1@Oct 31 2004, 11:05 PM
if ur like myself....and have a swap if you buy an aftermarket exhaust to fit your car....its gen not the exhaust meant for your motor...so u can throw your whole researched and developed for a specific car/engine out the window. and a mandrel bent xhaust is a mandrel bent exhaust i dont care who desinged it and researched it...ill bet my exhaust flows abotu 98% as well if not 100% as well as any aftermarket system...oh and other than dyno testing it is possible to resarch and develop on your own
[post=409963]Quoted post[/post]​

You Might Be right... See You might know how to make one, But I had custom made straight pipe...OOoops..almost forgot...(Mandrel Bent Pipe) IN a local shop around my area and they did a horrible job..I had this done Before I did My gsr setup Now I have a 2 1/2 straight pipe made by me of course, without bending the pipes at all....I went and bought 3 elbows...,, whatever you call them fucking tingys and My pipe came out nice... and welded everything together..Came out a lot better than The One that the fu@3ing shop made me.....It looked more like the stock freaking exhaust...$225 dollars down the freaking drain...... O well..

I like My exhaust to be ......If it starts at 2 1/2, I want it to finish @ 2 1/2.......

Get It Got It Goooood.....

Picture059.jpg

Originally posted by Estorvito@Oct 31 2004, 11:57 PM
huth7_small.jpg

huth8_small.jpg

Look here! :tisk:
[post=409984]Quoted post[/post]​

I think the pics need to be bigger ha!

wow you're english and grammer skills are terrible

and besides that I promise you guys, that the amount of R&D put into aftermarket exhaust systems is completely irrelevant- Building an exhaust is not like a header, where the exhaust pulses should be tuned for maximum gas scavenging-

an exhaust is a friggin tube with a muffler on the end of it- Back pressure is back pressure and every 3 inch mandrel bent setup is going to flow so close to the same numbers on a flow bench that your stock b16 isn't going to notice the difference-

Back