Exhaust, w/ boost....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

This summer i plan on going turbo on my d16, and i was wonderingh what type or exhaust i should look into, i was either going to buy the thermal research 3" catback, or buy a turbo muffler and have a shop do the piping for my exhaust, my questions are....
1) Should i go with the muffler and 3" mandrel bent exhaust?
or buy the thermal research?
2) If i go for the custom exhaust, what kind of muffler should i get? all i have seen is the apexi turbo muffler.
3) What kind of cat should i use? and where could i get one, 2.5" inlet, 3" outlet, or should i go with a test pipe?

:thumbsup: Thermal cat-back all the way. I've hade lots of exhaust, and I liked the performance and sound of Thermal the best. I miss my Thermal :bawling:

or you could go to kteller.com and get one of the piping kits and mufflers, already prebent for your application. Pretty good deal imo

i am buying a kteller 3" kit with a magnaflow muffler and a summit racing resonantor for my hatch that will be turbo'd this spring! :D Cant go wrong for 200 bucks for 3" mandrel bend piping :thumbsup:

3" is too big for the piping in my opinion, 2.25-2.5 is a better size. But that's just me.

I'm awaiting my pacesetter right now, I've had one on one of my old cars and it sounded great and a few people I know have it also. Good price for a good product.

OMG! PaceShitter?????????????? BAHAHAHAH I'm sooo sorry.

anyway- i had the kteller system with an apex'i N1.

2.5 - 3" is the way to go. 2.25 is too small.

so do u think i should get the apexi turbo muffler?
and what size piping? i plan on runnin about 6-7 psi and after some other things like a cam and maybe some head work making around 200 whp on the stock block. also what is the inlet size of the apexi turbo muffler, all it shows is the size in mm?

Well When i upgraded from my apexi n1 to my thermal research 3 in exhaust i gained damn near 50 whp from it. Regardless of what brand you choose stick with 3 in.

now with the cat,
1)should i get a test pipe from kteller the 2.5" to 3" and then get the cel eliminaotr, or should i get a o2 bung welded in?
2) or should i get a high flow cat with or without the bung or cel eliminator?

Originally posted by b16ahatch@Feb 24 2005, 10:22 AM
Well When i upgraded from my apexi n1 to my thermal research 3 in exhaust i gained damn near 50 whp from it. Regardless of what brand you choose stick with 3 in.
[post=465558]Quoted post[/post]​

50 ehh??? screw nitious for a 50 shot... get more with a cat back exhaust :D

1)should i get a test pipe from kteller the 2.5" to 3" and then get the cel eliminaotr, or should i get a o2 bung welded in?

i would stick with 3 inch from downpipe to the read...
you need the whole system to be free flowing, no bottle necks...

and def run the high flow cat... o2 is your call

I had a Thermal, my sister jacked the axle back so I'm stuck with nothing there.

Come on now Pacesetter isn't all THAT bad. I'll see how it performs on the shitvic though.

Originally posted by YouKnowWhoIBee+Feb 24 2005, 08:42 AM-->
b16ahatch
@Feb 24 2005, 10:22 AM
[post=465558]Quoted post[/post]​

50 ehh??? screw nitious for a 50 shot... get more with a cat back exhaust :D
[post=465564]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol: just go with 3' and you should be fine. I was thinking of getting a 50 shot for my car for the track but now I may just get that exhaust system instead and sell my Invidia. :lol:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 24 2005, 12:34 PM
yes, it is. i'd rather have an ebay knock off.
[post=465617]Quoted post[/post]​

i like my ebay knockoff. i was actually suprised at the quality for the money and it looks just like an n1. but i am getting an actual apexi world sport when i get the cash because my exhaust now is loud as hell, even with the silencer.

i love how kteller doesn't offer a 3 inch catback for the 240- I guess i'll have to make one from scratch- shucks :p

Now back on topic, running a cat is going to cost you a few horsepower, as turbochargers make power from the pressure drop across the turbine wheel- However, i'm going to run a cat, at least for daily driving-

Who knows maybe I'll like it. I stayed away from the ebay exhausts though and think you may be just be jealous because I have a PACESTETTER...!! LMAO

I probably never would have bought one, but they're cheap and my sister jacked my thermal. Pacesetter HAS to be better than the ebay stuff.

Back