exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fbizzay

Alright everyone, I've got a 98 civic lx, when i bought it, there was no muffler, so now i'm looking. Here's the thing, I would like the HP increase, but I don't want to sound like I'm farting when I'm going down the road. Basicaly I don't want much noise at all, unless I'm realy getting on it. So I've been looking at the flowmaster american thunder setup with the 40 muffler, it's cheap, but I don't know about he sound. So let me know if you have it, and how it sounds, or any other opinions that you have. Cat-backs would be nice, bt i could do just a muffler, and also, lets keep the price down. Thanks.

well im guessing but it will not be to loud as long as you have a cat, but dc sport are good at keeping the sound down

they HAD a history of shoddy welding, i dont know if thats still true or not.

Alright... I've read on a series of sites that that stock ex muffler and exhaust system is quite fine. If you just buy some headers that will give you the flow and get some ex exhaust that would do the trick. I've seen a nitros injected D16z6 with just headers and stock exhaust and that worked out well.

i have pacesetter 2 1/4" exhaust with obx high flow cat its not to loud paid 260 for exhaust and 50 for cat

i also paid 200 for a pasesetter and then sold the cheap sh*t 2 weeks later for 30 bucks

obx has shitty stuff... stay away!!!but go for flowmaster...do a custom 2 inch cat-back at the local exhaust shop and slap a fm on it. it will be quiet and mello toned, no raspy crapbox noise...see that's the problem with some people these days...all they get the exhaust for is noise. if i had a dime for every time i heard "yeah..i got it cause it makes my car sound like a jet takin off.."i'd be frickin rich. you get exhaust for PERFORMANCE AND FLOW...not to make your shitbox sound cool.

the lack of exhaust on my prelude makes it sound cool :)

that's cool, but i'm talking about people that buy it just for the loud sound, not performance.

go with a rsr exmag exauhst, good hp increase and moderat sound, two thumbs up from me! plus its still maintains a similar stock look. good if you don't like getting pulled over all the time.

Back