Exhausted Exhaust???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

White smoke? Thats coolant dude. You sure the pressure test came up right or you're not leaking coolant on the cat? Where's the white smoke coming from?

Fuel burns black.
Oil burns blue.
Water burns white.

oh, i also just relocated my battery to my hatch. only 24 dollars for new 4g cable and a couple new wire clamps and bolts. BTW, you don't actually need a battery relocator kit for the EF...actually not for any model car if you like a little work. on the EF, you can actually use the original battery bracket without the underside bracket and tack weld it to the trunk/hatch floor. No jimmy rigging involved. It just amazes me

Last edited:
the coolant is not leaking. its stayed the exact same level. maybe its oil cause my oil level was extremely low but i don't think it is. i'm going to my mechanic's import shop in the morning so he can take a look at it though.

Last edited:
okay i took my car into Import Performance to have it checked for a couple things.
they took my throttle body off and cleaned it and fixed and idle problem i apparently had and so on...
now the car doesn't smoke at all like it did.

but in the midst of talking to the owner, who originally wired my car's swap with a p28 mugen chipped ecu...he denies ever touching my car in the 1st place. he said he never worked on it before and said that he NEVER uses p28 SOHC ecus. he puts in p30's because they are for DOHC eg/sir. which is a total toss up because the one he put in doesn't work anymore and i'm using a stock p28 now.

my car seems to be doing okay on this ecu but my question is...should i get a p30 and change them out??

dude you are getting dicked around by the mechanic...
use the ecu for the motor...or get a chipped p28(a real chip not ebay garbage)

but in the midst of talking to the owner, who originally wired my car's swap with a p28 mugen chipped ecu...he denies ever touching my car in the 1st place. he said he never worked on it before and said that he NEVER uses p28 SOHC ecus. he puts in p30's because they are for DOHC eg/sir. which is a total toss up because the one he put in doesn't work anymore and i'm using a stock p28 now.

my car seems to be doing okay on this ecu but my question is...should i get a p30 and change them out??

Honestly...this guy sounds like a freakin' moron.

Yeah, of course a P28 isn't going to run a dual-cam motor properly, it's meant for the single-cam D16Z6. That's not the point of using a P28 though. The advantage of that ECU is that it's very easy to chip and tune. Once it's chipped, you can set it up to run whatever motor you have. But it has to be chipped and loaded with the proper maps to work right.

The "Mugen" chip they gave you before was probably one of those crap eBay chips that fuck up your motor...

Anyway, your choice of ECU depends on what you want to do with the car. If the engine's mostly stock and you plan on keeping it that way (no turbo or supercharger, head work, internals, etc.) then just get a P30 and use that.

If you plan on doing any of that stuff in the future however, or you want to be able to dyno tune your current setup, then stick with the P28, and get it chipped and loaded with a proper map to run your engine.

thank you for explaining the difference. and no i'm not keeping it stock i just don't know anything about the electronics. i have auto shops do the wiring and all that. i just don't feel confident to fuck around with my daily driver that much yet

fixed it. the smoking came back 10 fold but finally starting going over everything myself again and found that oil was leaking from the valve cover down into the spark plugs. the o-rings around the spark plug holes were leaking big time. replaced those, flushed out the cylinder head with some carb cleaner and replaced my spark plugs. good now...

still can't figure out my starting problem...but thats for a different day

Back