Exhausted?!?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lude68

Ok guys! got a simple question. ive got a 93 hatch w/ b18c1 and wanting to know what kind of exhaust i should get? something thats a lil quiet around low rpms to keep the cops away but screams up high? and will i need the gsr 2-door assmbly or what?

i reccomend the apexi world sport and buy the exhaust for the car you have, not the motor.

if you were to get the N1, you also better get a silencer.

ok well the exhaust i have on there now is a DC header(that was cut by the last dumb fuck that had a swap) w/ pipe welded straight it running to a muffler out back. when i dropped the motor in my exhaust was about 3-4 inches away from the header...if i need to by a direct exhaust for my car then whats up w/ that?

by the way..thanx for all the responses

bah!! anything that needs a scilencer to be quiet is not a good choice IMO

the scilencer cuts out most of the performance gain when its in... so whats the point????

unless you dont care when your on the street (some people dont)

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Dec 1 2003, 10:35 AM
bah!! anything that needs a scilencer to be quiet is not a good choice IMO

the scilencer cuts out most of the performance gain when its in... so whats the point????

unless you dont care when your on the street (some people dont)

I'll second that--I am hating my tanabe exhaust more and more everyday...Choice between rediculously loud, or silencer with almost no perferomance gain--anyone want to buy a used full exhaust cat-back Tanabe RM? :)

alright ...i know i dont want anything w/ a silencer(had it and hated it)..but do i buy the exhaust for a 92-95 civic or a 94+ integra? like i stated before when i dropped the motor in the header was about 3-4 inches away from my factory exhaust? so what do i get?

you get the exhaust for your car
get the header that fits the engine (i think the ITR header extends back a little further than the GSR one does) then make any adjustments at the cat

well thats kinda what i fig. but my car didnt come w/ a cat on it! dont ask me why or how but it came like that out of the factory! and i was affraid if i got an exhaust to fit a civic it wouldnt fit and i would have to take it to a shop and have then extend it(modify which is not good) the exhuast piping and later down the road i wouldnt be able to sale it! you know what i mean?

heres what you do ......

you go get an exhaust for a 93 hatch
you get a header for an ITR
you buy a cat from catco, random tech, carsound, etc
if modification is needed then bring it to a shop and have them mod the cat to fit

this is what i did on my car
del sol exhaust
JDM ITR header
modified random tech cat to fit

thanx a lot man! that cleared it up perfectly!

im thinking of going w/ an apexi n1 exhaust and jdm itr header!

Back