Exhausts and my new state laws to be

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brockster99

Hi everyone. Here is the thing first off I just bought my second Honda Accord. Its a 97 4dr Ex 4cy 5spd and so on 150k miles on it.. I want to change the exhaust, however very soon Massachussetts will pass a law to ban of use of loud exhausts.
I want to get good performance APEX N1 my buddy has it on his Subaru, but its way too loud inside. So everywhere I turn something different comes up. Who makes a deep but not too deep sound.. And not so loud in the car. Please give me some help on this matter and if I should do cat back or just muffler? THank you. :worthy:

APEXi World Sport, quiet deep tone, stock look, good performance.

I guess motorcyclists will be banned from Massachusetts then.

That law as you stated it is vague, what's the top db level that you can have? 95 db or so?

WTF, I live in MASS too! Are you friggen serious!? Where did you hear this from?
I've always said the samething too about bikes.
Why don't they bother the people who own those loud ass mofo bikes!

In Vancouver... the max is 82db so I was also quite limited... I went with a borla muffler with a stainless 3" tip and custom 2.5" mandrel piping to a high flow cat... fairly quiet, nice low tone but not farty

it pretty much goes like this, least restrictive = most power, and vice versus, don't know of any high gaining exhausts that are quiet.

I say apex WS is good.

Milan

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Aug 24 2003, 11:15 PM
I guess motorcyclists will be banned from Massachusetts then.

That law as you stated it is vague, what's the top db level that you can have? 95 db or so?

thank you for bringing db levels into this thread

BTW 95 db is very loud IMO
I had a Thermal stealth that weighed in at 88 and I got rid of it

I believe that stock exhausts on a civic are around the low to mid 70's for db but I'm not 100% sure on that

call the companies or e-mail them and ask them for db values because everybody's opinion of "loud" and "quiet" is different

then make a nice post that lists all the different exhausts and their rated db value, I bet that would get pinned

friend of mine just got a speeding ticket and a ticket for the "modified exhaust". he said they had a code for the violation and everything. he has a thermal turbo exhaust on his 92 si hatch turbo. its pretty quiet. *ji and anyone that has heard his old car would know how quiet* it cost him 50 bucks.

ive was pulled over LAST summer in mass for a modified exhaust. i told him that i had papers saying it was 50 state legal. he said "well what they told you for a fact, is wrong. Keep that in mind when driving through massachusettes." FUCK THAT, so what, i cant drive in massachusettes anymore? mass laws should only affect mass residents, not us vt'ers..or anywhere else.

Back