EXPERIMENT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
engine SETUP.

ZEX wet kit
Additional Fuel Pump
2 Gallon Fuell Cell
Fittings and Hoses

USE: instead of using the stock fuel system i will use JET/RACE fuel, with the WET system. Additional Fuel Pump installed before the provided piggy back system ZEX provides to the fuell cell.

INFO: i want to know Who thinks its good/bad...extra help in producing this kit.

it is going in an Ls/VteCrx with b16 head, stock bottom end (freshly built) spent 1,600 on refreshing block to stock with an over bore of.020

:beer:

then run race gas full time on the track and tune it for the track. also have a street setup.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Sep 5 2004, 07:14 PM
then run race gas full time on the track and tune it for the track. also have a street setup.
[post=386468]Quoted post[/post]​

the way i see it i could run race set up AnytimE with the nitrous..

i think it would look cool in the rex, plus i have a low cr because of piston /

Head gasket setup so i can run higher shots.

i might be getting a Turbo charger in the next yr then i could switch to alcohol

injection t3t4 .48/.63 ...but i really want to see if the kit would make the nitrous more efficient

Just want to know what people think

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Sep 5 2004, 08:18 PM
looks like it would work be be hard to tune the pressure from the second pump
[post=386485]Quoted post[/post]​

i think the zex system might control that but a FPR would work set at stock psi

what do you think?

sounds like it would why not buy a watyer injection setup for 200 and rune the zex kit as normal, then jet in extra fuel

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Sep 5 2004, 08:36 PM
sounds like it would why not buy a watyer injection setup for 200 and rune the zex kit as normal, then jet in extra fuel
[post=386490]Quoted post[/post]​

i dont know if atomization of the nos/racefuel would be better with the zex nozzle

you could use an injector from a dx of similar car that is easier to run

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Sep 5 2004, 09:13 PM
you could use an injector from a dx of similar car that is easier to run
[post=386501]Quoted post[/post]​

i am lost? :doh:

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Sep 5 2004, 07:14 PM
[post=386468]Quoted post[/post]​

Exactly - use the $7/gallon stuff.

If ur worried about atomization of your nawz/fuel mixture - use the NX "Shark" Nozzle.

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Sep 23 2004, 08:35 PM
I thought jet fuel was basically kerosene? Does that sound right?
[post=394125]Quoted post[/post]​

It is right, and it has an octane rating of about 40, which goes against what you want to do. Besides, I'd pay you good money if you were able to walk into an airport with a five gallon can and say, "fill 'er up!"

That's what I thought. It is a constant combustion prossess. The fuel get added directly to already-compressed air and is ignited pretty much instantly, so they don't need high octane ratings. Definitely not something to put in the car. I have heard normal airplane fuel (think lycomings engines) is a pretty high octane, but has lead in it or something, so that wouldn't work either. And it's like 13$ a gallon.

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Sep 23 2004, 09:05 PM
That's what I thought. It is a constant combustion prossess. The fuel get added directly to already-compressed air and is ignited pretty much instantly, so they don't need high octane ratings.

They can't use high octane fuel, because turbines need almost instant combustion because of the speed at which the air is moving through the burner can.

I have heard normal airplane fuel (think lycomings engines) is a pretty high octane, but has lead in it or something, so that wouldn't work either. And it's like 13$ a gallon.
[post=394132]Quoted post[/post]​

100LL. 100 octane low lead. And I haven't checked in years, but I believe it's around $5/ gallon now.

avgas.... aviation fuel...iits 100 low lead like you gusy said, ive run some in my car. Like a gallon or two to a full tank of super but its smells good when itburns....like nothing else. when i got it it was only around 2-3 bucks a gallon

i run a zex wet kit and i run race gas at the track for safety and i run on about 15%114 leaded and 85% 94 on the street . im never on it that long on the street and it dosent get as hot and im runing a 100 shot on a b20

Back