EXPERIMENT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the problem with avgas is that the flame travel speed is to slow airplane engins run at a lower rpm[2800-3200] typically but a 50/50mix with94 oct works well

i decided to go with a 5gal tank w/50/50 mix of 104/avgas. this mix is used when i use the nitrous only. i dont know how to put in the extra fuel pump. since i am using a separate fuel sorce.

you change the jetting to change the shot as for the pump go to any parts store and buy a universal replacment furel pump they have two wires a ground and a power wire and two fittings in and out. i have on i could sell you if you need

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Sep 26 2004, 09:05 PM
i have never seen a zex 100 shot .. actually ive never seen anything higher than a 75 shot.. somebody have a link to this 100 shot zex kit ?
[post=395012]Quoted post[/post]​

the place were i bought it (used) told me that it had a different nozzle...doesnt look like the Zex nozzle

I rigged something like this up on my friends chevy pickup truck(S10) with a 350 stroked out to a 383 that was worked. We installed a fuel cell in the bed of the truck, for the race fuel, and ran a pump off that. We hooked the nitrous switch to the fuel pump, so when the nitrous system was armed the fuel pump would kick on. we then hooked the fuel line from the race fuel pump to the empty line on the tee.
we wired everything up so that
---when the nitrous system was armed:
the main fuel pump would turn off
and the race fuel pump would kick on
--when the nitrous system was off:
the main fuel pump was on
the race fuel pump was off

What a pain in the wiring department
I actually had my grandfather draw up a wiring diagram for it, after he looked at what he wanted to do.
hope this helps

Thanks that does help[. i was told (by some dumbass ricers) that this was a useless project that would not benefit for any reason..... as far as i see it when ever i am going to race i have the ideal fuel...... :ph34r:

It's not useless, it just is an extensive effort for not a lot of gain. You'll still get hot spots, but you wont have to worry about cavitation in your fuel tank. Go for it if you have the money. At least it'll be different.

yea, we only proved it to make a tire scorcher, running a worked 383 stroker on a 150 shot of nitrous and race fuel in an S10.

we can lay wheels in 5th gear locking both tires....lol....., the truck dosent like driving straight either.....

b18a block,b16 head,full rebuild(stock),type r oil cooler,b16 tranny,blockguard, ARP everything,msd 6a,pr30 ecu,

......what do you guys think would be the next big upgrade i should do.....i have a stage 3 exedy clutch.....i was thinking after the turbo kit...in the procs of purchasing...and the turbo edit tunning...i should get some cams but i'm not sure...i'm using a b16 intake and a gsr exaust cam.....or painting my crx...i don't know?

sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Stock cams work fine for turbo cars. If it was all-motor, a new pair of cams would be required. Paint your CRX, it probably needs it.

yeah it does! hey freemantle...i would like to get in contact with you about the turbo edit software..

Back