ExtendedMAPI support in an email client other than Outlook?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DarkHand

VIP
Work is dropping our pop servers, switching us to Exchange Server 2007, and with it comes having to use an ExtendedMAPI compliant email client... After 6 years of using Thunderbird, I might have to switch to Outlook. :mad:

Thunderbird has no MAPI support, and none of the offshoots that I can find (Songbird, Spicebird, etc) currently support it, although Spicebird has it planned for the future.

Evolution mail seems to support it in the newest Ubuntu, but the only Windows version I can find is a few versions behind. There's supposedly an "Evolution-Brutus" plugin that runs a separate server process that translates between Evolution and the Exchange server, but the site that hosts it is down and info is spotty.

Anyone have any info about these or other solutions for connecting to an Exchange 2007 server without having to use Outlook?

does your company have a webmail site?

does thunderbird support that?

Actually we do have an OWA site... Thunderbird doesn't support webmail sites, but there is a plugin that does. That plugin doesn't support OWA but it has its own plugin that does! That could be a good stopgap solution.

i am telling you though, Ex2k7 autodiscover OMA/OWA rocks, especially when paired with an exchange activesync device and outlook 2007.

Back