extra plug??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vshivik

hey all. quick rundown. 00 Ek with a 94 B18C. used ek OBD2 harness with gsr plugs to fit on the engine. first time around, had crappy connections, so i decided to take the whole engine side harness off and remake all the connections. so i did, resoldered and shrink-wrapped all that goodness. now, under the intake manifold i've got an extra wire with plug hangin. can't seem to find the hole (that's what she said, lol) well, here's the pic, of what it looks like. any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
thanks in advance...
motor-001.jpg

:worthy: :unsure:

Looks kinda like the plug that goes to the transmission. If its on the throttle body side of the intake manifold, look straight down and there should be an open socket on the top firewall side of the tranny.

If that's not it, there is only 1 other plug I can think of. The wires coming into the plug, are they black/white and black/yellow? Are they about 10ga wire? Look on top of your fender near the firewall. There will be 3 plugs there, make sure all 3 have connections. It looks like a 2 wire plug, and there should be a similar male ended plug there to accept that.

If none of the above are what it goes to, trace the wires back and let me know what they go to. I just had to rewire my b16 harness, so the plug looks fairly familiar.

checked the crank sensor, seems as though it would be it, but that sensor is under the plastic cover, behind the crank shaft pulley.

Import R: will check and let you know, don't think it's on the fender, looked all over, and i think it's a three wire plug, i'll get the colors in the next post...

thanks all for you suggestions.

Back