extra wires on the EX?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

StealthMode

Kung Foolin'
well my idiot friend cut the harness when we were taking it out of the EX we pulled the head from. when we looked at my harness, there is none of those wires under my dash in the same place they were in the EX. i'm wondering if they go to things that i don't have in my CX harness like the antilock brakes, power steering, etc. there is also a set of brown plugs that i can't find anywhere on my harness. what we're thinking of doing, is to plug all the ones that i have plugs for, and just start it and see what codes it throws. i was just going to compare the two harnesses and wire the extra wires for VTEC but the wires are all completely different.

which wires do i need for vtec (what do they run to?)

Sounds like you're up shit creek, and no one brought a paddle. It depends alot on where he cut hte harness, in the cabin, or engine bay. Also if the years are different, there may be some differences in the color coordination, and different models will have some different wires in different places. Best you can do is get both manuals, real ones like Helms, and do some tracing and matching

:withstupid:

yup. you're fucked.

if its any help, on a 96-98 harness theres a brown plug that goes to nothing. i htink its grounds or somethin. dont know exactly what it is, but it don't go to nothin.

that is, if your harness is a 96-98

it's from a 93 ex. i'm talking about under the dash. there's a part that goes to the ecu, that's all there. but another part goes under the dash towards the center console.

as long as the engine harness is complete you will be fine
the only wires you will need to run through the firewall are the wires for vtec
don't try to swap out the harness that plugs into the ECU.... there is far too much shit in that harness

that's what we were planning on doing. the engine side of the harness is in tact, so that will be good. does anyone know where i can get the pinout diagram to run the vtec wires? that would be GREATLY appreciated! :worthy: :worthy:

also, is the distributor on the non vtec head different from the ex head? cause if i can use my distibutor, that would be fantastic.

brown plugs are for the fuse box in the engine bay, but i don't need to worry about them because they go through the firewall.

Originally posted by Callidus@Nov 21 2003, 09:46 PM
that's what we were planning on doing. the engine side of the harness is in tact, so that will be good. does anyone know

where i can get the pinout diagram to run the vtec wires? that would be GREATLY appreciated! :worthy: :worthy:

also, is the distributor on the non vtec head different from the ex head? cause if i can use my distibutor, that would be fantastic.

brown plugs are for the fuse box in the engine bay, but i don't need to worry about them because they go through the firewall.

a4 - vtec solenoid.
d6 - vtec presure switch. (other wire to ground for the vtec presure switch).

Back