extreme fuel loss

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spanglaz

problem is: i'm only getting between 250-280 miles to a full tank. Car has been check fuel pump is good, fuel regulator is good, new stock fuel injectors, new fuel filter(under hood), no leaking fuel lines, injector system has been cleaned. The problem that we know of is that it's is a b16a obd1 with a non-obd ecu (because non obd ecu is not as smart). also has one has been wired to take one O2 sensor instead of two. also fuel sending unit needs replacement, experts say that wouldn't cause such excessive fuel loss. WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM.........................................................................................................ANY ADVICE WOULD HELP............ :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

[/COLOR]

1. :emofo:

i'm only getting between 250-280 miles to a full tank

so? thats usually what i got in stop-and-go city driving when my civic was stock.

because non obd ecu is not as smart

no, USING an OBD0 ecu is not as smart. it's an obd1 motor, use the right ecu.

4. what car is this in, by the way?

fuel sending unit needs replacement, experts say that wouldn't cause such excessive fuel loss

WHAT experts? if its broke, fix it, then go from there! frankly, if these "experts" are telling you "oh, its broken, but dont worry about it!", they aren't experts then, are they? you can drive around with a worn out timing belt, but you SHOULDNT.

WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM

this is a B16, not your little D15 or whatever. you aren't gonna get the gas mileage of an 86 CRX if you want to have performance.

:blink:

1:) who ever said "english, motherfucker" is an immature prick.

2:) who ever said they used to get the same mileage when their civic was stock... my integra stock used to do close to 400 miles.

3:) when they said using an non OBD ecu was not as smart... that meant you could be more versatile with modifications and not have as much problems... this is what I was told by the installers.

4:) it is a 90 integra.

5:) who ever this is trying to be smart.. about "well... they must not be experts now are they".... the "experts" never said not to fix the sending unit.... as I said before.... they said...." a bad fuel sending unit should not cause that much fuel loss".... so next time... before tryin to be a smart ass... read the stuff properly. These "experts" are the people that all the shops reffer you to when they cant figure out whats wrong.

6:) I understand that I wouldnt be getting as much gas mileage... I just never thought it would be as bad... but thanx for the word..

*sigh*

do we have an emoticon for "throw your hands up in the air in desparation" ?

you asked dude, and i told you how it is.

I am just going to say that I have the car in my sig, and I get around 22-25.5 MPG. The fuel pressure is a little over stock, but other than that, no other fuel changes. That MPG translates to about 275 miles at 25 MPG and 242 at 22 MPG. It all depends on the tank size, and also from my experience, JDM engines with JDM ecu's use more gas, I have no way to back it up, it's just experience (maybe it's because of the looser emmitions laws.)

Ian

Back