extremely rich with stumbling idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey guys I cant figure out what is wrong with my car. It is running extremely rich, so rich that my plugs are black after about two or three days on them. Also my car wont idle at all. It is like it floods its self out. What would cause my car to run so rich. My car is a 94 civic ex with the d16z6 motor with exhaust, header, intake, and crower cam and springs. I know that the cam made my idle a little rough but after 500 mile after installing it my car started to do this. Also when I disconnect a vacuum line that it will run with a bounce in the idle but it will idle. Thanks for all the help in advance.

Nick

did u check the TPS sensor, the map, also check the coolant senseors on the head. those can mess up the idle if they are crossed/broken/not there. The FPR could be bad, ummmm other than that i dont really have ne idea. . .

I know when my PCV valve got plugged it would not idle for crap and would die, but i dont remember it running rich.

Thanks for the help but I fixed it yesterday. I lashed the valve to tight .006 intake .008 exhaust. That is what the spec sheet with the cam told me to lash them too. Then i relashed them to .008 intake and .009 exhaust and it ran fine so i think i just had the valves lashed too tight.

Back