Extrude Hone?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

korey

This may be a dumb question but can anyone explain extrude honing to me and what it does? Let me know thanx.

I always call Extrude Hone "taking a shit through your part with a bunch of really abrasive stuff".

:lmao:

The theory is that since it is in a semi-fluid state (the cutting medium) that it will take the path of least resistence, like air would. Although some people have posted big numbers with there techniques, there have also been some people squaking online over the years about the head that they got back not running for shit under 4000rpm. i.e, too much material removed. Alot of people say a lot of things though, I've never used thier stuff.

I think they can calibrate for whatever kind of flow you want... but I still don't know about doing an entire head with Extrude Hone. My old roommate had his downpipe Extrude Honed, and the finish was amazing... the surface was so shiny and smooth that I swore it had a coat of oil or something on it and had been mirror polished- but that's just how badass their process is.

im confused. what exactly is it? is it a service? a product? what does it do? is it a honning process like the name implies? is it a port and polish? what do you mean it is "squeezed through the part"? im extremely confused here and their website didnt help me out either :blink: :blink:

ok it's a company and a process- the idea is that you give them your intake manifold and head or whatever you awnt extrude honed- then they send a clay-like substance through it that is abrasive- it polishes the inside of the manifold and plenum and gets to places where no hand polished can-

Back