1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f.a.q. ?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by erastusboy, Nov 7, 2004.

1. erastusboy

erastusboy Junior Member

can someone make or point me in the direction of a good faq for all this ecu/chipping business as i would like to learn more but just jumping into the discussion totally isnt working

2. radnulb

radnulb Senior Member

3. drpenguin

drpenguin Senior Member

goto hondata.com look up in there dealer index of who will install there system. Its a good bet who ever is on there will do ECU work.

4. projekteg

projekteg Senior Member

i chip ecu's with prices better than efituningforless.com and guarantee my work if you're interested. if you're just wanting to learn yourself, read pgmfi.org

5. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

6. projekteg

projekteg Senior Member

we generally only deal with uberdata related issues there, not so much on the electronic issues involved in getting prepped for uberdata. pgmfi.org is where it's at.

7. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

I thought the uberdata site had a whole walkthrough about how to socket your ecu, and how to set up uberdata.

Uberdata > generic chips.

8. projekteg

projekteg Senior Member

oh, i believe you're referring to keebler's website, i almost forgot, he does have a great write up. http://home.mn.rr.com/keebler65/honda

what do you mean 'uberdata > generic chips'? all chips are pretty much the same, the only way they differ is what program they were written with and who wrote/tuned them.

9. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

by 'generic chip', i was referring to the preset 'mugen', 'spoon', etc. programs on ebay.

with uberdata, you can program your own chip, hook up a wideband, run it on the dyno, and reprogram accordingly according to your build.

10. projekteg

projekteg Senior Member

who said anything about the generic chips? when i chip an ecu, i chip it with the stock rom and just alter things people ask me to (rev limits, shift light, ftl, vtec, etc.) using uberdata, i use uberdata to tune my own car and all my friends cars and make basemaps for people going turbo. i would rather give people an untuned uberdata basemap than a 'tuned' program from ebay if you were implying that's what i use.

11. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

For fuck's sake...Dude, chill the fuck out. I never said anything about you, or implied that you use anything. All i did was post a fucking link to the uberdata site, because I thoght that they had a walkthrough on how to socket your ecu.

12. projekteg

projekteg Senior Member

what? i'm cool, it just sounded to me like you were saying i use generic tunes since you posted that right after what i said about chipping ecu's. i just wanted to clear it up, it's all good.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted