f.a.q. ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erastusboy

can someone make or point me in the direction of a good faq for all this ecu/chipping business as i would like to learn more but just jumping into the discussion totally isnt working

goto hondata.com look up in there dealer index of who will install there system. Its a good bet who ever is on there will do ECU work.

i chip ecu's with prices better than efituningforless.com and guarantee my work if you're interested. if you're just wanting to learn yourself, read pgmfi.org

I thought the uberdata site had a whole walkthrough about how to socket your ecu, and how to set up uberdata.

Uberdata > generic chips.

Originally posted by civicious@Nov 9 2004, 11:53 AM
I thought the uberdata site had a whole walkthrough about how to socket your ecu, and how to set up uberdata.

Uberdata > generic chips.
[post=414195]Quoted post[/post]​

oh, i believe you're referring to keebler's website, i almost forgot, he does have a great write up. http://home.mn.rr.com/keebler65/honda

what do you mean 'uberdata > generic chips'? all chips are pretty much the same, the only way they differ is what program they were written with and who wrote/tuned them.

by 'generic chip', i was referring to the preset 'mugen', 'spoon', etc. programs on ebay.

with uberdata, you can program your own chip, hook up a wideband, run it on the dyno, and reprogram accordingly according to your build.

who said anything about the generic chips? when i chip an ecu, i chip it with the stock rom and just alter things people ask me to (rev limits, shift light, ftl, vtec, etc.) using uberdata, i use uberdata to tune my own car and all my friends cars and make basemaps for people going turbo. i would rather give people an untuned uberdata basemap than a 'tuned' program from ebay if you were implying that's what i use.

For fuck's sake...Dude, chill the fuck out. I never said anything about you, or implied that you use anything. All i did was post a fucking link to the uberdata site, because I thoght that they had a walkthrough on how to socket your ecu.

what? i'm cool, it just sounded to me like you were saying i use generic tunes since you posted that right after what i said about chipping ecu's. i just wanted to clear it up, it's all good.

Back