F@CK! Being investigated

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if it was mcdonalds, you might get away with that.
being a finical advisor, they assume you know how to read.
true.

i'm not an advisor anymore. i'm kind of a sales associate for a portfolio manager. i do all the work on a book of clients for a guy who charts stocks all day.

well, i took it to the main admin lady who takes care of all the paperwork, applications, and new hires. she told me to relax and that she will take it to the branch manager. i'll know more about it tomorrow. it seems more like a formality than actual investigation.

. it seems more like a formality than actual investigation.
I hope that that's all it is. IMHO with all the shit going on in the financial industry lately, you might be a causualty of the backlash. Companies are looking to proove that "we don't employ people who lack ethics and would make subprime loans". I realise that you don't do mortgages, but you are in the industrie. I hope everything works out. GL

Its just procedure, you should be fine but I'd consult a lawyer for a course of action should the ceiling come tumble down.

I assume you probably can have a consultation with a lawyer or have a lawyer on retainer for a small fee, through your company. If this is the case, then its money well spent to speak with the lawyer. Speaking with the woman that you did, in charge of new hires, and anyone in the HR department is also a good place to begin when judging how people, who have been in this situation in the past, have faired.

p.s. Always fully disclose. Most of the time it will not, if its a misdemeanor charge, affect the hiring practice unless undisclosed.

ya, i learned that lesson. i also learned the importance of getting this stupid thing off my record. it will cost less than $1,000 and is worth every penny.

Back