F*ck curbs!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UEDan

Umm yeah I'm back with a problem now
The jist of what happened was I was kinda pissed off so I decided to take a drive along some tight windy mountains.
Now after I was done blowing off steam I started to head down. Nice slow pace(~30 mph average because I have shit tires and it was a cold day.

I was making a 90-degree left hander and I might have braked a little hard and a little too late. Back end started slipping, counter-steered , but the street was just too small and my rear wheels slammed against the curb. I was breaking so the speedometer said I was going at around 20mph 25 max.

The wheel looked fine, then again they the OEM steel wheels. 1/2 the hub cap was lodged into the wheel and wheel and 1/2 covered in cement like dust. I didnt see the curb couldnt have been that bad.

Problem is the alignment is shot to shit. Imagine the OEM 6th gen civic steering wheel as the short hand on a clock, its pointing at 12:30-12:45. Aside from that everything runs great. No shakes at high speeds or noise.

So whats the damage? I need anything else besides a proper alignment?

Alright, I'll get that checked when there's light out.
I'm located in Central Orange County, CA.
I was at Tustin Hills, a place called Skyline View. Great view, fun drive.

get the alignment checked. should be ok.

sidenote, if you are on oem steelies, i wouldn't suggest aggressive driving, or very fast for that matter. the tire size sucks, they are made for high mileage and economy.

if you like to hit the back roads, get some drag radials on some light wheels. trust me, $500 on wheels and tires is better than $1000 for a suspension.

Back