F*ck, I NEED HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Xaero3953

Rest In Peace
I can not find one! I need one now, but after 5 parts stores, they show me the wrong gasket. On the Y8, there are vacc. ports on the mani, but not on the head, none of the 3 gaskets they've showed me goes high enough to cover these holes. The engine is together and in my Ek, but after we started it up and heard a major air leak, we found teh gasket to be wrong, any ideas? I need my car asap...!!

ANY AND ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED!!

Even here it shows teh same gasket that everybody shows me, do i need to do something different than simply bolting on the gasket?

They are showing online to jb weld, or rivet and honda-bond to plug the holes...but there was a gasket on it, It must be possible to find another gasket...

How well does it hold? I don't want jb weld to split/shrink and end up in my motor somewhere...Thanks though

:laugh: Thanks, it not that i don't trust you, it's just that a friend of mine with more experience under his belt, said not to jb the fkr, it might spit, shrink, etc... and get into the lines and fck sht up...

well i have about 7 yrs of experience building tuning and turboing hondas, i have jb welded at least 20 of thse manifolds with no issue.

the key is to thoroughyl clean the metal, and scuff the holes with 80 grit, so the jb weld sticks to it..

trust me, its no big deal

I found a hondata part #: HON-HSG-D16 , but can't find any pics to make sure it's the right one...plus i suck at google/yahoo, w/e searching. Can anybody find any pics?

hondata-hg.jpg

Typed in the part number and it was the first link on yahoo.

That's not the one for the D16, though, i think it's the b16.
That's the only pic i could find
It's a drastically different bolt pattern, the D has two sets of two on top, then three seperated on the bottom.

13s020_d0520.gif

sorry how about this one. number 11. this is from a honda website. i've checked every other 96-98 civic ex whether it's 4 door or 2 door and it's still the same part number.

That's the one every mother fkr shows me, the gasket should have another oval shaped loop on top of the intake ports, to seal the vacc. holes. I suppose i have no choice but to jb the sht.

*edit: Thanks for the effort, but i've been searching all day also and can't find sht.

Then if they send me the same fkn one everybody tries to give me, i'm screwed out of 20 bucks :huh:

Quoted post[/post]]
Just go to www.hondaautomotiveparts.com. Look up intake manifold and click the number you want, even if the pic doesn't look like your they will send the right one.

except thats what he did, and thats where both pictures came from...its a sad situation, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...i had to use helicoil for an exhaust stud because a torque spec was wrong. the helicoil holds, it just sucks that sometimes you gotta use stupid means to fix a problem.

yeah, i jb'd the sht, works good, hopefully i'll be upgrading the intake mani soon anyways, it's a short fix

Back