F*CK YOU CT!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
So Saturday I'm heading to Bristol to pick up some seats.

Most of the way there it was a rain/snow mix, I hit Rt 9 and it clears up finally.

Driving a bit further I see the big bridge the goes over Middletown and I slow down (I remembered there were randon traffic lights coming up from when I went to Claytons for that meet)

So, I'm in a line of traffic, 1st light is red, I stop (behind another car...blue 02ish Altima to be exact)

Light turns green, everyone goes...2nd light is green I go through still following the Altima.

Out of nowhere I have a State Trooper up my ass with the lights on. At 1st I thought he was just trying to get by me but as I pull into the right lane, he follows me.

So I pull over....he pulls over

He comes up to my window and right off the bat things go bad...No license/reg dialog, just "STEP OUT OF THE CAR RIGHT NOW"....

So I'm thinking WTF...he grabs my arm and brings me to the back of car, tells me to put my hands on the roof and proceeds to search me. Now, I have nothing on me, so I'm not too worried, but at the same time I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

Next thing he says to me.."What were you stuffing under your seats as you were pulling over?"

without thinking, I say "Are you fuckin nuts?"

Now he's back in yelling mode.."I SAW YOU TRYING TO HIDE SOMETHING AS YOU WERE PULLING OVER....YOU THINK I'M STUPID?...I CAN SEE THROUGH THE TINT ON THE CAR"

some I just come back with "I was turning my radio off...".......which I was

him: "What am I going to find in here?"

me: "Not a damn thing officer"

Mind you, as we're standing toe to toe, I'm 6'5 in a t-shirt and covered in tattoos...this guy was pushing 5'9 with his gay little hat on.

He proceeds to tare my car apart, takes the ITR strut bar Brian sold me out and asks "Whats this?"

me: "Its a strut bar"

him: "Is it stolen?"

me: "nope"

him: "You have a reciept?"

me "no, I bought it used"

Then we finally get to my license/registration bullshit. He asks "Whose plates are these?". I tell him they're mine. Then he starts with the where do you live, where are you going, what for, blah blah blah crap.

Finally he tells me to get back in the car, take my info and goes back to his cruiser. 10 minutes later he comes back..."This is a speeding citation, the posted limit is 45...you were going faster than that"

Hands me my shit and walks away.

Now, on the ticket, in the "Posted Speed Limit" and the "Actual Speed" boxes he JUST PUT X'S in the boxes.
In the description part, he just wrote "Not obeying posted sign"

FUCKING GREAT...its not the $75, its the insurance hike for the next 7 FUCKING YEARS

And I'm not fighting it, I can't drive 2 hours, and miss a day of work to go to court just to lose on a ticket I got because some douche doesn't like the way my car looks...

ive gotten 4 tickets in CT, none of them have ended up on my insurance.

Dude, fight it, I just got done fighting a ticket. I was following traffic and this undercover tries to get me. I was going 60/30. I go to court tell the hot prosecutor that I will pay fines or whatever I just can't let this get to my insurance. She dropped it to a No ops License and its a $100 fine and court costs.

Ya know I had a similar thing happen to me when I was going to school in OK. Cop pulls me over for having OR plates and is asking me all kinds of questions....Why am I here, is the car stolen, why do I have out of state plates and license, blah blah blah. So he writes me this ticket for like $150 or so. Of course I was like f*ck that and ended up fighting it in court and won; court payed all costs. Dont let them bully you cuz they got a f*ckin problem.

Fight it, its WORTH the drive to beat a possible surcharge.

He was in the wrong, unless you are guilty, then pay it.

yeah, but I'll get an 8am court appearance time and its a 2 hour drive for me with NO traffic.

I don't know...I've got to think about it

write a letter to the prosecutor. clearly explain the situation, and they'll certainly drop it.

plead not guilty. I say there's a 90% chance it will simply get thrown out without you ever having to come back to ct. and no insurance hike or fine.

and yeah, middletown cops are assholes. They need to be. There's a murder there every other week.

Quoted post[/post]]
plead not guilty. I say there's a 90% chance it will simply get thrown out without you ever having to come back to ct. and no insurance hike or fine.

and yeah, middletown cops are assholes. They need to be. There's a murder there every other week.

Most of the time it doesn't get thrown out to court, because if you plead not guilty and don't show then you're automatically assumed guilty regardless of your original plea.

I would send the photocopy ticket to the prosecutor or the police station and show where he wrote the X's. Thats enough to get the ticket thrown out. He has no proof of what speed you were going, because obviously he didn't show you the radar/laser gun and I'm sure he didn't actually clock you so it won't be in the log.

Next time, when its bullshit like that - ask to see the radar gun and if he says no, go immediately to the police station to file a complaint.

Probably didn't help that Bear Mariani's funeral was the same day in Bridgeport.

The same day he was killed they caught a couple Hells Angels outside an Outlaws clubhouse up in Enfield....I'm sure the staties were on high alert everywhere in-between

even for an out-of-state thing?? fight it man, the drive and hassle will be worth not paying a higher insurance. Plus, sounds like you have some shitty insurance that jacks up premiums for every ticket, especially a citation.

FIGHT IT!

I've lived in CT for over 4.5 years...and I only got pulled over once for having blue tinted parking lights on the front of the car...$50 ticket...and called it a night. :cool:

For the record, you don't have to pay the fine if you don't plan on going back to CT.

I'm not sure what insurance points will do, but CT doesn't have the jurisdiction to come get you in your homestate and bring you to trial.

They do however have jurisdiction over you once you enter CT again, and they can arrest you for an outstanding ticket.

***This information was provided to me by a law professor that has his own practice in NJ.

Back