F*cking Mad

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SleEPeR_CRX

hey all, ya i took my car in to the local garage to get my tires aligned and rotated(to lazy to rotate myself), anyway, they check it over underneath and alot of shit is fucked over,now and have to get new drivers side front hub, brake pads, front tires, passengerside tie bar, and driver side axel!, soooo fucking pissing me off, so looks like my head building gets put off for another month.

Just venting Peace

My front tires are like a fingernail from wearbar on inside of tire, do to camber problems, Front Axel is Torn ( were brand new 3 months ago when i did swap). tie bar boot is torn. Hub bolt was loose, so it stripped itsel by bouncing around so now the wheel just like bounces in the hub, and brakepads... kinda obvious.

nono, garage was nice about it, did all the work of seeing wat was wrong, and didnt charge me for the time i waisted of theirs. gotta love having friends in the business.

ya change the boots and re grease alot cheaper than replacing good parts

bah, I just had to put on a new driver's side axle due to a split CV boot. The CV boot kit was 20$, a whole new axle was 50$. Much wiser to just go for the new axle. If even a little bit of sand or rocks gets in, it's only a matter of time before the bearing, seals, etc are shot.

are u a joke? u can get a brand new axel for 50 bucks? where i live a normal axel is around 200 bucks, with my discounts threw friends i can get it for like 130. still 130 bucks more than i want to spend

My dad can get axles for 50 bucks. You need new friends with "hook-ups"!!!

i just got a head gasket for cost, ACT clutch and pressure plate for 5% over cost, my friends are good, but nothing is that cheap up here.

well what is messed up with your axle?? if the boot is cut open then you can just pay someoen to put some new grease and new boot for like 20-30 bucks.

I got my GSr axles for 150 both of them, rebuilt with larger stems.

Milan

i got my driverside axle for 120 here in cali... is it safe to asume that is unrare in other states?.. i also drive a prelude.. so maybe that is the difference. who knows..

Originally posted by khrisb@Aug 20 2003, 12:29 PM
My dad can get axles for 50 bucks. You need new friends with "hook-ups"!!!

:werd: New drivers side axle for 50 buck cdn after i snapped mine the other night :burnout: . Its good to know people :thumbsup:

Back