F*cking piece of $hit car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

INJEN78

HS LEGEND
ok so i thought the dizzy was bad on my b18a1..i am running a pr4 ecu..just got a new dizzy(i know this works because we just pulled it from my friends running car)
so im getting code 8..
the damn car will not start..thats 2 dizzy's and im getting pissed..wtf could be the problem..i have checked all grounds and they are fine,

Did your car start life with a dual-point motor? Code 8 is TDC sensor I think, and that is in the dizzy (only for the MPFI, DPFI doesnt have it) when you do the conversion you have to wire up that sensor, and if you say that it works on your friends car Im willing to bet you got some wires going to the wrong place or the like. Re-check your wiring.

When I saw the thread title I thought of that old Adam Sandler song, lol...

car is an si..it was already mpfi...but i swapped the pr4 with the old pm6 and it started right up..now the only thing is the car is idling like a subaru//could it just need valve adjustment???
it smoked blue for 10 minutes(the motor sat all winter so i think it was just oil)
but the car doesnt run hot,or anything,,and when i go to drive it just bogs..

You need the right ECU first off, but Im sure you know that. It may be that the PR4 is junk, try to find a PR4 that you know is good. And the little bit of smoke I wouldnt worry about if it had been sittin, its an old motor and after sitting that long it might have leaked a little bit of oil through the valve seals.

what about the pcv system???would that cause it to be fucked up???
the hose to the manifold is just sitting there not plugged or anything,and the box doesnt have that little nippe on it,,so its basically open..

If the hose that runs into the nipple in the yellow circle isnt plugged, itll run like shit cause your getting a vaccum leak.

You need to plug the nipple in the yellow circle if it isnt plugged, cause that is a sraight vaccum leak.
Intake-1.jpg

Like Byron said, make sure you block that nipple off but your ECU could also be the problem. I had the same problem on my dad's EG. On his automatic P06 it would just crank and do nothing else. I put my P06 there, though it is manual, and the car started right up. Keep us updated. I'm really hoping it's just a vacuum leak.

yea thats the hose thats not plugged..but i can plug that..im more worried about the box on the back...if thats just open then will it be fucked up?

get a new pcv valve and stick it in there and use garilla snot to get it to stay in. Let it sit for a day and it will be hard as a rock

ok i plugged the line and it does the same shit..car has no power at all...
anyone wanna buy a POS ef??

Honda gave me the wrong PCV valve and my car ran worse and idle was always at 100RPM! I originally though the old one was bad but turns out to be fine and the car idled and work like normal.

Did you put the dizzy on properly and time it? Not saying your an idiot, im just saying its a possibility.

Not to thread jack but since we are semi on the topic, is there supposed to be engine oil on the PCV valve?

yes there is supposed to be oil in it..should be black..

but i fixed the pcv and its still idling like shit,,cae wont pull itslef up a hill..it just moves around under 2g and idles at 1.5g

<-- Is down to add another POS EF to his collection.:D

thanx..anyone got an extra pr4 i could test really quick???
ill give it right back..i promise:ph34r:

Back