F****ING SWEET S2000!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RICE ALERT!!!! RICE ALLERT!!!!

Holy retarded dual exhuast on a 4-banger honda batman!

CF shit looks like...well...shit. Like the wheels and the kit though.

...If I had that kind of money, I'd have a Skyline.

The general arguement (sp?) about ricers were that they were ppl trying to make there car look fast without actually being fast. A Vortec supercharged S2K seems fast enough for my blood

:worthy: :hitit: :wub:

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Jan 18 2004, 11:00 PM
The general arguement (sp?) about ricers were that they were ppl trying to make there car look fast without actually being fast. A Vortec supercharged S2K seems fast enough for my blood

Oh really? Hm... Read what I posted in the FI board about centrifugal superchargers...

Now, if you'll noticed, I haven't mentioned the CSC at all in this part. Why? Because it combines the worst of both worlds- the parasitic drag of a supercharger, and the turbo lag of a grossly mismatched turbo. Now, since it's a supercharger, the compressor RPM is a fixed value of the crank RPM, meaning, if the crank is turning X RPM, the compressor wheel is turning Y RPM. It is a linear relationship and never changes. Since the CSC uses a centrifugal compressor like a turbo, the boost pressure and CFM rate increases proportionate to compressor RPM. That having been said, the faster the compressor spins, the more boost it makes. Since you don't want to over boost the engine (let's say for the sake of argument, the max. boost pressure is 10 PSI), the maximum boost pressure RPM is reserved for absolut engine redline. If it were set for 4000 RPM, the engine would overboost above 4000 RPM and blow up. Now, since the boost pressure is only achievable at absolut redline, the boost pressure rise is a function of the square of the crank RPM, that is, at half RPM, you'll be making one fourth of your maximum boost pressure in the case of a B16 set to run 10 PSI, that comes out to 2.5 PSI at 4000 RPM. Compare this to a modern turbo that will make 10 PSI by 3000 RPM, and I'm sure you'll see why Vortech superchargers havn't taken the import world by storm. I'd rather wait a second for full boost, than to wait 'till redline.

For the whole post, go here: https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=267793

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Jan 18 2004, 11:18 PM-->
Silverchild79
@Jan 18 2004, 11:00 PM

Oh really? Hm... Read what I posted in the FI board about centrifugal superchargers...

Now, if you'll noticed, I haven't mentioned the CSC at all in this part. Why? Because it combines the worst of both worlds- the parasitic drag of a supercharger, and the turbo lag of a grossly mismatched turbo. Now, since it's a supercharger, the compressor RPM is a fixed value of the crank RPM, meaning, if the crank is turning X RPM, the compressor wheel is turning Y RPM. It is a linear relationship and never changes. Since the CSC uses a centrifugal compressor like a turbo, the boost pressure and CFM rate increases proportionate to compressor RPM. That having been said, the faster the compressor spins, the more boost it makes. Since you don't want to over boost the engine (let's say for the sake of argument, the max. boost pressure is 10 PSI), the maximum boost pressure RPM is reserved for absolut engine redline. If it were set for 4000 RPM, the engine would overboost above 4000 RPM and blow up. Now, since the boost pressure is only achievable at absolut redline, the boost pressure rise is a function of the square of the crank RPM, that is, at half RPM, you'll be making one fourth of your maximum boost pressure in the case of a B16 set to run 10 PSI, that comes out to 2.5 PSI at 4000 RPM. Compare this to a modern turbo that will make 10 PSI by 3000 RPM, and I'm sure you'll see why Vortech superchargers havn't taken the import world by storm. I'd rather wait a second for full boost, than to wait 'till redline.

For the whole post, go here: https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=267793

ummmm, yeah man I uh, started that thread! :lol:

jerkit.gif

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Jan 18 2004, 11:18 PM-->
Silverchild79

centrifugal superchargers suck ass.....cheap ricer power....I never liked them, never will.

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Jan 19 2004, 05:33 AM

So? I wasn't saying I started it. However, I did finish it. Notice how everyone was going :blah: :blah: :blah: and then I step in and bust a knowledge nut all over everyone's faces, and they all shut up?

Word to your mothers tupperware party.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Jan 19 2004, 10:17 AM-->
Silverchild79
@Jan 19 2004, 05:33 AM

So? I wasn't saying I started it. However, I did finish it. Notice how everyone was going :blah: :blah: :blah: and then I step in and bust a knowledge nut all over everyone's faces, and they all shut up?

Word to your mothers tupperware party.

tupperware party.... :bo: :bo: :bo:

Originally posted by djyox+Jan 19 2004, 06:06 AM-->
Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jan 18 2004, 11:18 PM
Silverchild79
The general arguement (sp?) about ricers were that they were ppl trying to make there car look fast without actually being fast.  A Vortec supercharged S2K seems fast enough for my blood

:worthy:  :hitit:  :wub:

centrifugal superchargers suck ass.....cheap ricer power....I never liked them, never will.

woow, thats the first time Ive heard a multiple thousand dollar performance adder called "rice". He wanted a supercharger, who cares? Yea a turbo would've been better but at least there arent any spinners and a double deck wing. Damn, almost no one gets any credit for anything around here.

Yeah, I've known about that car.

Its my background, just not full sized :(.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Jan 18 2004, 10:57 PM

its not dual buddy, its just one pipe that splits into two at the end...

and its really not rice... he kinda does have a supercharged s2000 and even if it does qualify as rice, that is one rice patty that would beat your car so... ya mang dont be dissing the fast patty :lol: :D

I don't know about you guys, but if I saw that in person at a gas station, I'd probably blow my load right then and there, the stance alone gets me, even if if there was no motor and it was trailered I think it would still be fucking beautiful.

Originally posted by preluderjs+Jan 19 2004, 01:45 PM-->
Originally posted by djyox@Jan 19 2004, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jan 18 2004, 11:18 PM
Silverchild79
The general arguement (sp?) about ricers were that they were ppl trying to make there car look fast without actually being fast.  A Vortec supercharged S2K seems fast enough for my blood

:worthy:  :hitit:  :wub:

woow, thats the first time Ive heard a multiple thousand dollar performance adder called "rice". He wanted a supercharger, who cares? Yea a turbo would've been better but at least there arent any spinners and a double deck wing. Damn, almost no one gets any credit for anything around here.

I'm not saying it's rice, but I am saying his choice in power ehancement was not well thought out.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Jan 18 2004, 08:57 PM

The exaust comes stock like that, he just upgraded to aftermarket parts.

Back