F**K my life

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sernmd

I picked up a z6 today has a port polished head, cam, center force clutch, adj cam gear, plus trans... for 200 bucks .... dirt cheap rite??? (dude was hurtin for cash and i know him thru work) any way my buddy insisted we tear it down check it out and shit ( it sat for like 2 years in dudes garage) i was on the tired side but being a dumb ass i said ok so we took it all apart looked at it started puting it back together....... head went on fine then i got to the rocker arm assembly:mellow: being tired i desided to just start tightning shit and it cracked.... well a peice of it did anyway i think its called the cam bearing cap or rocker arm holder or the thing that holds the cam or the peice of shit that breaks to easy ...................................................... all that for this.... were can i find a new one???????????? i dont even know what the real name is for it. Searched all over, and i dont want a junk yard one, cuz itll prolly break again.... any ideas would be awesome thanks HS for being there in my darkest hours.

Honda's official name: "Camshaft Holder". Should be numbered 1 through 4. Call a dealership and try there, or get one from a junk yard. Sans that, just get another head. ZC heads can be found for ~$100.

Also, if it snapped on re-installation you were either installing it wrong or over torquing them. Proper torque is extremely important with these parts. Too much and you'll damage parts (duh) Cause binding in your cam shaft, which will burn both the cam and the bearing, lock it up, and if that happens there is a good chance you're going to smash valves.. and if you were at high RPM It could break a valve off, suck it down into the combustion chamber, whack the everloving shit out of your piston, damage your rod, head, and cause alot of general mayhem. Just because you overtightened a bolt. Be careful with this stuff.

holly shit dude.... i was just snuggin them up... like we were going to take it apart again but there only supose to be torqued to 9 lbs thats a hard pound to torque to with a big ass half inch tourqe wrench... but im thinking il get one of those 3/8 digital ones?? and pointers on how to do this like super perfect would be awesome thanks fellas

9lbs is actually not hard at all.

head bolts require up to 34lbs...................................................................................
i did mine with a 1/4 one. 24lbs i beleive.

How'd we get a ZC head from a Z6??? lmao

Back