1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F-series Swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by fasthatch89, Jun 15, 2003.

1. fasthatch89

fasthatch89 Junior Member

Has anyone thought of swapping an f-series into thier EF? If you can swap in an h-series...why not a F-series. Im thinking along the lines of an f22b w/ a prelude tranny. Just trying to be different. What are the positivesa and negatives to this swap? Welcoming all opinions. :D

2. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

reason why people prefer to swap h22s is because its more powerful than the f22.

3. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

What is the obession with "having to be different"? You drive a Honda. You are not different, if you want to be different race an AMC Gremlin. People swap the H because the F series is pretty weak. The have very low compression and are setup for excellent fuel economy only. You will find it easier to make power out of alomst any B,D, or H series engine.

4. IDMaxGuy

IDMaxGuy Senior Member

I have an F22B...... it sucks, I want to shoot myself in the head everyday of the week. Not really but, d00l
    0\/3rh3aD ca/\/\z o\/\/Nz j000000000. sorrry, I just wanted to be different. :p :D :lol:

5. fasthatch89

fasthatch89 Junior Member

Maybe i left out the fact that i wanted a dohc non-vtec f -series block and put a h-series dohc vtec head on it and resleeve it, custom rods, and pistons for a full drag car......this is not for a street car.

6. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

When you said F22B you ruled out DOHC. To the best of my knowledge there never was an F22B that was DOHC. Infact I believe that there is exactly one DOHC non VTEC F series engine. The F20 and it came in the 90-93 JDM Accord Si. Good luck finding one of those.

Why do you want to build this engine? Why not just go with an H22? Or even an H23 with an H22 head?

7. IDMaxGuy

IDMaxGuy Senior Member

8. Gen2Teg

Gen2Teg Senior Member

if you wanna be different why don't you just use the HF motor out of a 85 crx?

9. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

The standard F-series bore is 85mm, while the standard H-series bore is 87mm. Why sacrifice displacement "to be different"?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted