F-series Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fasthatch89

Has anyone thought of swapping an f-series into thier EF? If you can swap in an h-series...why not a F-series. Im thinking along the lines of an f22b w/ a prelude tranny. Just trying to be different. What are the positivesa and negatives to this swap? Welcoming all opinions. :D

What is the obession with "having to be different"? You drive a Honda. You are not different, if you want to be different race an AMC Gremlin. People swap the H because the F series is pretty weak. The have very low compression and are setup for excellent fuel economy only. You will find it easier to make power out of alomst any B,D, or H series engine.

I have an F22B...... it sucks, I want to shoot myself in the head everyday of the week. Not really but, d00l
0\/3rh3aD ca/\/\z o\/\/Nz j000000000. sorrry, I just wanted to be different. :p :D :lol:

Maybe i left out the fact that i wanted a dohc non-vtec f -series block and put a h-series dohc vtec head on it and resleeve it, custom rods, and pistons for a full drag car......this is not for a street car.

When you said F22B you ruled out DOHC. To the best of my knowledge there never was an F22B that was DOHC. Infact I believe that there is exactly one DOHC non VTEC F series engine. The F20 and it came in the 90-93 JDM Accord Si. Good luck finding one of those.

Why do you want to build this engine? Why not just go with an H22? Or even an H23 with an H22 head?

Back