f the police..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

all this coming from a Total Burnout... lol

The guy just got finished posting how his first day of work he was hungover and had to go home.

Have I done irresponsible things? Absolutely! I actually documented, like an idiot, many of the things I did on this board.

Does that mean that I didn't know it was wrong at the time?

The difference between myself and others on this board is that I take full responsibility for my actions. It seems as though everyone on this board has an excuse and passes the buck off onto other people.

Right now, there's how many people in this thread defending the actions of people who clearly broke the law, because as a result of their actions they weren't treated properly? Did everyone fail to note that had they just sat there, no problems would have ever occurred?

Instead everyone is billy-bad ass and up in arms.

i was 19 when i did that.. 8 fucking years ago.. since then, things have changed.. so try again homie..
get some more life experience then come talk to me

anyways.. back on topic..

FUCK, FUCK, FUCK the POLICE!!!!

i think everyone that is saying the cop was justified would change their tune real fast if that was there little brother getting choked out on the sidewalk or their little sister getting flung around in a headlock of some big ass cop

i think everyone that is saying the cop was justified would change their tune real fast if that was there little brother getting choked out on the sidewalk or their little sister getting flung around in a headlock of some big ass cop

agreed..

Here's the thing, in my opinion, if you broke the law you get what you deserve.

If I'm speeding and get pulled over, sure its easy for me to swear up and down and blame the situation on the cop, but I know full well that had I not been doing something wrong then I would have never been pulled over. I have no one to blame but myself.

Its the same philosophy my father always joked about growing up, "If you ever need to be bailed out, don't waste your phone call on me, because I'm going to let you sit there. You did the crime, you do the time."

One a moronic family member took items that did not belong to him, my grandfather had no hesitation calling the police and turning his son in because it was in his eyes, simply, the right thing to do.

I would feel no different if it was my own blood there if they were acting like idiots and running from the police. Its like Rodney King, do you think the fool would have been beaten if he didn't run like he did?

Some people simply aren't mature enough to have learned to respect authority or are just too self centered to care about anyone else in this world. Honestly, I feel that this is the plague that has been cast upon this country during my generation.

I'll get off of my soapbox now.

Last edited:
ok, now lets say you were speeding and the cop came up to your window and yoked you out of the car by your neck

there's a difference between doing the time for your crime, and unjust punishment
the cop is not entitled to a use of unnecessary force
it is not his job to deliver punishment, he may only enforce the law and let the court deliver punishment

choking someone out on the sidewalk is not enforcing the law, its an excessive use of force
did you see him swing at the cop? did you see him threaten the cop?

you're misunderstanding the cops duties to include "beat the shit out of punk kids"

and i'm gonna have to agree with whats been stated above
if the cop was in the clear on this he WOULD NOT BE ON ADMINISTRATIVE LEAVE right now

ok, now lets say you were speeding and the cop came up to your window and yoked you out of the car by your neck

Yes, of course this would be unwarranted if I pulled over and calmly waited there for the police officer.

If on the other hand I tried to flee, then he would have the right to mace, taze, or subdue me.

I'm not saying there aren't corrupt police officers or that this world is a perfect place. If you get pulled over simply because you're black and you didn't actually do anything wrong, then there's a problem. If you get beat on because of your economic status or color of your skin, rather than your actions, than the punishment is unjust.

If however, you committed the crime then don't tell me that the actions are unjust. You sit there at your computer and point your finger at this police officer who was simply trying to do his job. Wow, thats not arrogant or condescending at all. Lets place you in the same situation and see how you act accordingly.

there's a difference between doing the time for your crime, and unjust punishment
the cop is not entitled to a use of unnecessary force
it is not his job to deliver punishment, he may only enforce the law and let the court deliver punishment
Where did he deliver punishment? He subdued the perpetrators and cuffed them.

choking someone out on the sidewalk is not enforcing the law, its an excessive use of force
did you see him swing at the cop? did you see him threaten the cop?
I saw him flee the see and disobey the police officer, which is illegal. I saw a police officer simply trying to do his job and the teenagers standing in the way of the officer doing his job.

you're misunderstanding the cops duties to include "beat the shit out of punk kids"
Show me where he started throwing blows at the kids...
Oh thats right, he didn't. He took them down so he could take them into custody. He didn't beat on them, he subdued them! If they weren't going to let him take them into custody, how do you suppose he do his job? Thats right, he physically takes them into custody - thats the right that police officers are given when enforcing the law.

and i'm gonna have to agree with whats been stated above
if the cop was in the clear on this he WOULD NOT BE ON ADMINISTRATIVE LEAVE right now

For one, its standard protocol to put an officer on leave when they're under investigation.

Second, its people like yourself that don't demand people take responsibility for their own actions that cry out in outrage when an event like this happens. The system works in accordance with people like yourself and attempts to determine the best outcome possible.

Simply because someone was put on leave or the public does not like the actions of a person, does not mean what they did was either morally wrong or illegal.

I would have done the same thing that the police officer did to subdue the perps. With my wrestling background, I would have put them in a hold and taken them down to the ground, then cuffed them. I've done it so many times that it becomes instinctive, when someone is resisting to take them to the ground and subdue them until they cooperate.

the kids didnt get off.. they got their charges.. but the police officer did not need to use such excessive force to do so..
news link:
KATV Channel 7 - Video Shows Hot Springs Officer Choking, Wrestling Skateboarders

What does this prove? That a liberal media outlet that sympathizes with your point of view reported the story in this context?

What are you trying to get across when you posted this article.

The one skateboarder says he ran, we saw him run, we saw them resist arrest on the tape. I bet we didn't hear them disobey the police officer's orders before he took the first skateboarder to the ground.

You have a case if the officer didn't identify himself and tell the skateboarders to stop before he took one down. In that case, he didn't do his job but neither you nor I know that yet.

Second, its people like yourself that don't demand people take responsibility for their own actions that cry out in outrage when an event like this happens. The system works in accordance with people like yourself and attempts to determine the best outcome possible.
lets see how the investigation turns out before you start this bullshit fucker
i'm a lot smaller than that cop and i could have gotten them in cuffs without putting my hand on their throats or putting someone in a head lock
i've never seen the arm behind the back trick fail to control someone that small

and i never said the kids shouldn't be punished, but if you think headlocks and choking was required to get these kids under control then you need to grow the fuck up man

lets see how the investigation turns out before you start this bullshit fucker
i'm a lot smaller than that cop and i could have gotten them in cuffs without putting my hand on their throats or putting someone in a head lock
i've never seen the arm behind the back trick fail to control someone that small

and i never said the kids shouldn't be punished, but if you think headlocks and choking was required to get these kids under control then you need to grow the fuck up man

How am I starting with any bullshit?

Never once did you put the responsibility on the teenagers!

I'll tell you what at 18, I was their size and a state runner. I could see how a cop, who couldn't catch me, would be frustrated and when he finally caught me took me to the ground to subdue me. Also, I'll tell you that I wasn't easy when I was 18 to take down, so the whole 'the arm behind the back has never failed' doesn't hold true when I wound up punking a police officer (off duty and as a point) who tried to stand there and wrestle with me. Looks are deceiving and there's no telling how difficult it was for an out of shape police officer with a knee brace on his knee to take one of the kids down and subdue him. To me, it looked as if he just reached for the head and tried to throw a headlock or a judo throw to put the kid on his back on the ground and frankly thats how I would take many people down.

As always, I'll agree to disagree with you but you've sent a distinct message that the police should be policed and the people who broke the law should be babied by the police.

I wasn't drawing premature conclusions like most in this thread, in fact I even mentioned if it proves that the police officer didn't follow protocol and identify himself before he took the first teenage down then he was in the wrong, but I simply don't feel the amount of force used was unnecessary.

Last edited:
Never once did you put the responsibility on the teenagers!

As always, I'll agree to disagree with you but you've sent a distinct message that the police should be policed and the people who broke the law should be babied by the police.

and never once did we say they weren't guilty... we simply stated it was excessive force on the cops behalf..
i have no idea why you wanna argue about it..

you also keep bringing up that you wrestle or did.. great.. do you want a cookie now??

Last edited:
and never once did we say they weren't guilty... we simply stated it was excessive force on the cops behalf..
i have no idea why you wanna argue about it..

Then they should be arrested and taken in custody, right? Thats what he did.

Its their fault he had to use the force that he did, which is where you make the teenagers take no responsibility.

I'm done talking here because its like talking to a brick wall, you simply don't understand nor will you ever if you have the mindset that its someone else's fault. Think if they never skateboarded there, if they never resisted arrest and ran, do you think the situation would have played out the same way? They got exactly what they deserved and what their parents should have been dishing out to them until they learned some respect.

well, then that cop is a chicken shit bastard if he feels he needs to use that force with someone that young, especially a female....

i'm gonna follow my own advise and ignore your ignorant ass..

Its their fault he had to use the force that he did, which is where you make the teenagers take no responsibility.

exactly, no it's the cops fault because MTV has taught us that cops "suck" and skaters are "cool"

nevermind they broke the law, then resisted arrest, how DARE that cop enforce the law?

:gayflag:

It's real simple guys

1. Did they break the Law?

2. Did they in any way resist arrest?

the cop should be cautioned about being a bit rough, should maybe even be evaluated by a professional to see if their are any anger management issues. Other then that he's cool, those kids weren't injured.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

On the morning news this morning they reported that the cop was cleared of all suspicions and has returned to work, charges are going forward on the kids.

The investigation found that the kids were breaking the law by skateboarding and resisted arrest. The arresting officer used "Control tactics and handcuffing" as per standard operating procedure.

I'll post a link once they update their site

umm, told ya so? If a policeman legally tells you to do something and you say "no" or try and escape, he can use force. So long as it's joint manipulation and not outright striking, he'll be in the right 110 out of 110 times

[/thread and skatefags]

Back