F-you, Big Oil

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wrong. It's a refinery that produces gasoline, diesel and kerosene jet fuel for the Air Force Base. Alaska supplies oil to most of Western America, Hawaii and Japan. Why do they pay less for it than we do?

I missed the refinery part. My bad, but regardless you're still paying for exploration/mining and refining. Doesn't matter how close you live to the refinery; crude oil still has to go through the same process.

I want to pump my own gas. Gas would be cheaper, and I wouldn't have to wait for the high school drop out to fill the WRX with the wrong gas.

Wow you've got full-service gas stations in Jersey? Chalk up one point for Jersey... I've never NOT pumped my own gas... I last remember seeing a full service station here in Chicago when I was about 5, which would mean 1986 or so.

Jersey gas is cheap because it has the lowest tax, in the nation, on its gas. The area is just so densely populated that they make up for the lower tax in quantity and also other forms of being tax voltures.

buncha whores.

I want to pump my own gas. Gas would be cheaper, and I wouldn't have to wait for the high school drop out to fill the WRX with the wrong gas.
yea at least the rest of the country can pump their own. i knew this chic last year from jersey. she was a freshman here at WVU. her jerseyness was unprecidented

"whats a turn lane?"
"i dont want to drive here, cause id have to pump my own gas and i dont want to do that"

yea at least the rest of the country can pump their own. i knew this chic last year from jersey. she was a freshman here at WVU. her jerseyness was unprecidented

"whats a turn lane?"
"i dont want to drive here, cause id have to pump my own gas and i dont want to do that"

We have turn lanes...many, but we don't typically use a 3-lane system like other states do. Our turn lanes are an entire lane, in each direction, dedicated to a specific turn. Other states use a third lane that both directions of traffic use to make turns, like pa.

Wow you've got full-service gas stations in Jersey? Chalk up one point for Jersey... I've never NOT pumped my own gas... I last remember seeing a full service station here in Chicago when I was about 5, which would mean 1986 or so.

New Jersey and New Mexico, the only two states in the country that its ILLEGAL to pump your own gas.

We have turn lanes...many, but we don't typically use a 3-lane system like other states do. Our turn lanes are an entire lane, in each direction, dedicated to a specific turn. Other states use a third lane that both directions of traffic use to make turns, like pa.

WV uses the 3rd central lane like you describe and occasionally a dedicated lane. but in baltimore, its usually a dedicated lane.

Supply and demand.

You're one of the five sole jabronis that live in Alaska and need gas.

Say hi to the caribou for me.:p
Ouch.
I was just sayin since the transportation of the product costs less (us being closer to the source) You would think the consumer would see some savings, but i now realize that we're talkin about oil companies :mad:
Yeah me and the caribou aren't on good terms anymore. You'll have to call them urself, all the young ones got cell phones these days.

WV uses the 3rd central lane like you describe and occasionally a dedicated lane. but in baltimore, its usually a dedicated lane.

High volume areas like baltimore and all throughout New Jersey, need a dedicated lane to keep accidents from happening.

I wasn't very familiar with the third lane until my ex-girlfriend's parents moved into West Bumfuck, Pa and there was a third lane for turns coming from both directions. I had never really seen one before that. That was down by where Bryan lived before he moved to Denver.

High volume areas like baltimore and all throughout New Jersey, need a dedicated lane to keep accidents from happening.

Its not just Baltimore that is like that, its pretty much all of Maryland. I can't think of one place ive been in Maryland that I've seen a middle/two way turning lane. PA is a different story. But yeah, Maryland doesnt have two way turning lanes.

Sometimes I hate those center turn lanes. We get fucking idiots that will get up to speed in that lane awaiting to merge into traffic. Meanwhile they're paying attention behind them doing 45 while other cars are using it to TURN like they're supposed to.

I wish I could say it was only the idiot buckeye drivers I've seen doing this, but I can't.

Back