F20a or F22a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm planning on buying a motor for my 91 accord ex. What is the difference between a f20a and a f22a? I'm just a beginner in this area,lol

I'm planning on buying a motor for my 91 accord ex. What is the difference between a f20a and a f22a? I'm just a beginner in this area,lol

Is there something wrong with the motor currently in your car? Neither of those are really much of an upgrade, more like replacements. If that's what you're wanting then yes, either will work.

If you're looking for an upgrade however, I'd look towards the H22 or H23.

You can find specs on Wikipedia if you look up Honda engines.

The motor is definately bad in the car. I was looking online at some motors and I found a f20 and then an f22 I just didn't know the difference. I really would like to do an H22a swap but I don't have the money right now. I just need to get the car going so my fiance will have a ride to college. Later on down the road I plan on swapping a REAL motor into it, lol. But for now I'll just go with one of those two, I just didn't know if one was better than the other and horsepower

a f20a will have more power they only came in the 1990-93 accord si in japan. and they are twin cam they have 150hp.. but it will be easier to find parts for the f22 and there cheaper but the f22 has 140hp 130hp and 125hp depending on the modle

Last edited:
OK so there is a sohc and a dohc F20A. everyone keeps talkin about the dohc, and my replacement is only a sohc. i think i got hosed.

f20

hey guys needs some serious help
i just got put in a f20b non vtec enigne in my 1994 accord
my old f22b blew so the mechanic put this in.. ive doing some reseach and im quite confused :p some ppl r saying its better then the f22b ? dont no
so if u guys could help me out n throw some info out there
btw im in canada and the motor is jdm
peace

hey guys needs some serious help
i just got put in a f20b non vtec enigne in my 1994 accord
my old f22b blew so the mechanic put this in.. ive doing some reseach and im quite confused :p some ppl r saying its better then the f22b ? dont no
so if u guys could help me out n throw some info out there
btw im in canada and the motor is jdm
peace

Don't bring back dead threads please. Just start a new one...

Back