F20b And H22a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Gen2Teg

I know the F22B has a higher CR, 11.0 and 10 more HP than the USDM H22a but the JDM H22a has the same HP as the F20b, just not CR. what else is there?

You can't expect to see an answer in the middle of the night on Saturday. Go with the H22 from the Prelude Type S if you can get it.

Here's a pretty nice article on the Accord SiR, which came equipped with the F20B

Don't get the F22B confused with the F20B:
- F22B: Lame-ass engine that came in 94-97 Accords
- F20B: Pretty sweet engine that came in JDM Accords (only OBD2), but very hard to find and pretty pricey. Same horsepower as a JDM H22A, less torque

IMO, it's not worth it to get an F20B, since you can get a more powerful engine in a JDM H22A, for much less money. Plus, the H22 came both OBD1 and OBD2.

Also, if you really don't care about OBD classifications, go with what lsvtec said, get an H22 from a Prelude Type S. Much more powerful, plus it's got as LSD tranny.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jun 22 2003, 10:10 AM
Go with the H22 from the Prelude Type S if you can get it.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
220hp stock, 11.0 compression ownzzzzzzzzzz, even gotta love the red valve cover. that is my dream motor for my Accord. and yes F22b's do suck.

go w/ whichever one you can get less expensively. But yes, the ol' Prelude S motor is a nice powerplant.

I don't think you'll get the F20B for a nice price. H22's are much easier to find. And since both the Type S H22 and F20B are OBD2, I think the Type S H22 is a better choice any day of the week. More torque, power and an LSD for less cash.

*Cough* JDMPower.net can prob set you up with an F20B for a decent price 3000.00 Plus shipping. GO TO coughcoughjdmpowernetcoughcough Vlad ROCKS :D

Well, that's a decent price for an F20B, but my point was, why spend that when he could get an engine with around 10 more ft-lbs of torque, 20 more horsepower, and an LSD for LESS than an F20B?

so if i slap in a H22 and tranny into a 98 accord, how do i go about with that tiptronic shit? its not gonna be my car, its my female friends and i don't feel like doing the clutch pedal and everything, i just want something easy. So how would i go about in doing this? plus if i can get the shifter n stuff in, what do i need to find out what gear im in, like on the prelude it shows you on the gauges. sorry if this sounds fucked up, im on the phone right now.

Just thought id clear something up as I am probably the only one here with a F20B Accord SiR-T.

Yes they do have a LSD.

I know because when i dropped my tranny to swap in my clutch and flywheel, it was very clear to see (you can see right through it).

Back