F20B Swap into a Civic EK Coupe 1997

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kintaro

~Da Goonz~ '*345*'
Guys,

I have a stock F20B DOHC V-Tec motor, out of a Tureno SiR-T 1998, and ECU. My favorite shell other than the DC2 is the EK6 Coupe 1997-1999. Here are my plans:

Have the F20B Rebuilt.
Purchase a Intake Manifold for the Euro R [for more torque]
I already have the stock ECU... Should I use it?
I want to get 4-1 DC Headers
Skunk2 Exaughst
I'm thinking a little head work, but not touch the bottom end.
A light flywheel for more acceleration.

This motor redlines at 8200RPM and puts out 200HP @ 7000. I plan to stay all motor. Should I use the T2W2 Transmission? [Euro R] or the transmission out of a Prelude? Can a Prelude wiring harness work? Once it is OBD2? or would I have to swap to OBD1 because of the intake manifold?

And does anyone have black housing lights for the EK9?

If the engine is out of a 98 model car, everything should probably be setup as OBD2 electrically... as far as the physical swap, everything should go in pretty similarly to an H22 swap.

Use the stock ECU- it'll work best with the stock engine and light mods. Maybe look for a DIY tuning setup for your later engine mods...

If you're going to do head work, you should go ahead and bump your compression or prep the bottom end for boost later if you want to take that route. Head work benefits most when there are other mods to take advantage of it like boost or higher static compression.

Back