F20B Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I want to do a swap in my 94 Accord possibly soon for a F20B and was looking for some input on that...I know that it would boost my HP up to about 200ish and that aftermarket parts are not as common as many other motors...Just looking for something either about the motor...about the swap...or anything else so I have more advice before actually going through with the swap...thanks...

The swap would probably be pretty easy, lots like an H22 I would assume. You can retain the stock transmission if you want, but the one that comes with the F20 will probably be geared a little more aggressively.

Question though, is there some reason why you have to have this particular motor? The dual cam VTEC F20 was never released in the US, so like you said, parts will be a little harder to find. An H22 would make more sense and produce the same power.

Just something to think about.

Good luck on the f20 swap

I see a major HEADACHE in your future

H22 is more practical in the long haul. But your car do what you want to .

The H22a and F20b have the same hp, the F20b doesn't have as much tq as the H22, the H has 161 jdm, and the f has like 146. The F20b is a destroked H22 and basically can use the same parts except that the F20b is an obd2 motor with no stock obd1 computer for it. The ecu will be your headache.

more headaches than that... internal parts will be super rough to find. all the external stuff is cool like I/H/E - you just get the ones for a prelude. ECU shouldn't be so bad... you should be able to control it with a OBD1 ECU - of course, then you will have to tune. If you try to use the JDM ECU it's a OBD2B and can be a real pain - you will need a custom wiring harness. the tranny is definitely worthwhile in the swap - otherwise the gears are far too long unless you build for serious power (it's the final drive in the stock F22 tranny that kills you in first gear, since they both have 3.307 first gear).

Thanks for the info...I wanted the F20B because its more of a unique swap and not as common...there is probably thousands of people who wanted to swap in a H22 into an accord...just more unique and would stand out from all the other H22 or F22 Accords...

I might see about taking out a loan this winter and work on it when my accord is parked....thanks for the insight

Thanks for the info...I wanted the F20B because its more of a unique swap and not as common...there is probably thousands of people who wanted to swap in a H22 into an accord...just more unique and would stand out from all the other H22 or F22 Accords...

I might see about taking out a loan this winter and work on it when my accord is parked....thanks for the insight

yo dude... I feel that - I have one! Let me know if you have other questions about the swap. Mine is in a 97 Accord (obd2a) so I may have had different wiring issues than you - but I also had CA smog issues to deal with.

"yo dude... I feel that - I have one! Let me know if you have other questions about the swap. Mine is in a 97 Accord (obd2a) so I may have had different wiring issues than you - but I also had CA smog issues to deal with."

i have a 97 accord (f22b) and i really wanna do the f20b swap. since you've already done that exact same swap, do you have any advice? Does it bolt straight in, or do i need to modify engine mounts, power steering lines ect. like the h22 swap?

i have a 97 accord (f22b) and i really wanna do the f20b swap. since you've already done that exact same swap, do you have any advice? Does it bolt straight in, or do i need to modify engine mounts, power steering lines ect. like the h22 swap?

No need to drag up threads from two years ago buddy. Next time, just send the guy a PM please...

Back