F20c into accord?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nathan.clarke

I got the 95 accord coupe with the f20b engine in it. Had a bit of look and aquired a f20c s2000 lump. after a bit of measuring it became obvious belhousing and block won't marry up. Need to know what front wheel drive gearboxs are compatable with the f20c so I can change the whole lot.

Also thinking about dropping a eaton m90 on it, as bottom end being re-built anyway! good idea? (N.B Turbocharging aint gonna happen!).

I know of none, but that would be a kick ass setup if you do. Hope you find out, and post picks

Good luck even fabbing up mounts to put a rwd motor in a fwd car.I've heard the k-series tranny will bolt up but im not positive so you might want to look into that.

everything would be custom. you would have to cut into your car to build the tunnel and a shit ton of rear suspension work.

wanna keep it fwd. this is my daily drive after all! if i was gonna play with the back axle it would be to fit a crv engine, box and rear diff and go 4wd! but that is leaving reality. just rapid, low, and front wheel drive on this one me thinks.

So the K series box will fit, there out of the newer gen civic/prelude 2000 on? and I'd get an extra cog (6 spd?);) ! and I bet there expensive! I was hoping something out the older motors and therefore a bit cheaper:( !

Has anyone out there got a spare subframe, or K series gearbox lying around:confused:

So the K series box will fit, there out of the newer gen civic/prelude 2000 on? and I'd get an extra cog (6 spd?);) ! and I bet there expensive! I was hoping something out the older motors and therefore a bit cheaper:( !
Nothing about this swap is going to be cheap so if thats what you want you may want to look into another type of swap.

Back