F20c...y Always A Supercharger?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

S2000roja

for the F20C (s2000 engine) y does every1 choose a supercharger? is it becuz of the s2k horrible low end? cuz supers r better for low end rite?

Low end, and the fact that the s2k has highcompression and too many internal mods would have to go in it if they went turbo.

because of the way the turbo kits are on the S2000, theres a bunch of turbo lag (or so i heard) i'd check in with someone else though, but thats what i heard and i remember it sounding logical, just don't remember all the details.

Originally posted by S2000roja@Jun 19 2003, 03:47 PM
for the F20C (s2000 engine) y does every1 choose a supercharger? is it becuz of the s2k horrible low end? cuz supers r better for low end rite?

:emofo:

Geoff @ full-race has finished up a prototype for the equal length manifold for the s2k.

the compression isn't shit.. its really not that high. it just requires more t precise tuning. more compression will always make more power.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jun 19 2003, 03:07 PM
Low end, and the fact that the s2k has highcompression and too many internal mods would have to go in it if they went turbo.

Boost is boost. It doesn't matter if it's coming from a turbocharger or a supercharger. If you ran 6 psi on a supercharger, you can run 6 psi on a turbo.

I'd guess that the reason is mostly Jackson Racing,a big company with a large advertising budget was the first to heavly advertise a significant power adder for that work of art.........[EDIT....most] people buy what they see

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Jun 19 2003, 05:56 PM-->
asmallsol
@Jun 19 2003, 03:07 PM

Boost is boost. It doesn't matter if it's coming from a turbocharger or a supercharger. If you ran 6 psi on a supercharger, you can run 6 psi on a turbo.

depending the a/r of each. You cant boost 6psi on a .48 a/r and then 6psi on a 1.10 a/r and be just fine.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 19 2003, 05:29 PM
Geoff @ full-race has finished up a prototype for the equal length manifold for the s2k.

the compression isn't shit.. its really not that high. it just requires more t precise tuning. more compression will always make more power.

i agree with that statement. high compression turbo has always been one of my favorite things. (higher than normal compression not talking 13-1)

much less lag from running higher compression. i dont think how ever i would turbo my s2k rite now.

i would say the reason there is more supercharged s2000's over turbo rite now is cause the turbo kits are just getting popular among the s2k's while the superchargers have been around for quite some time now.

The centrifugal superchargers most mfg's have out for the S2k are top-end power producers. If you look at torque curves for stock and supercharged, the supercharged motors don't make more power until after 3500rpm. I'd think a well sized properly tuned turbo system would kick ass on the S2k over the current offerings.

Originally posted by hondaguy72@Jun 23 2003, 11:59 AM
The centrifugal superchargers most mfg's have out for the S2k are top-end power producers. If you look at torque curves for stock and supercharged, the supercharged motors don't make more power until after 3500rpm. I'd think a well sized properly tuned turbo system would kick ass on the S2k over the current offerings.

they make power more up at the rpm of 6k

Originally posted by liquid00meth+Jun 30 2003, 03:15 PM-->
Originally posted by PROFILES2000@Jun 26 2003, 08:15 AM
liquid00meth
@Jun 24 2003, 12:02 PM
drop the comp down 2 points and run any turbo you want

or just leave it where it is and get a decent EMS

thats an unstable way to run a boosted car.

With big enough injectors, proper engine management, and good ass tuning it would be stable. Just make sure you can feed enough fuel or those high compression rods will be going thru your firewall :lol:

11:1 compression is pretty high, but its all about tuning. No one is going to be running 20lbs of boost on this motor, but no one needs to.

This is the kind of TUNING challenge that a company could really make a name for themselves with.

For those who say a turbo S2000 couldn't be made to be reliable, ask yourself why you weren't saying the same thing about a supercharged S2000. Even a highly efficient blower can't compare to the efficiency of a well designed, appropriately sized, intercooled ball bearing turbo setup. More efficiency = lower intake air temperatures = less detonation. So if the super works, the turbo can too.

Back