F22 Axels work in H22?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Luded

Will my F22 axels bolt up to the H22? also does any one know which parts are interchangable from the F22 to the H22?

according to oreillys, they are the same...ill be damned, i been telling people this whole time they werent.

i thought they were but i never knew. because i have 3 month old axels on the f22 and i got the complete changeover kit and it came with axels and all just making sure i got all my parts b/c its almost time to do the swap. is there any other parts that off the top of your head need to be changed out?

I have all my fluids, all my timing stuff, water pump, rotor, all tensioner parts, plugs/wires, new air/oil/fuel filter, (going to get more fuel line today), am I good or do i still need some parts?

power steering hose?

F22 waterneck
maybe F22 EGR
coolant
distributor cap
any wiring connectors, wire, solder, tools.

band aids.........

heed his advice on the band aids...also change the EGR while the engine is out...its a bitch to do otherwise.

Quoted post[/post]]
power steering hose?

F22 waterneck
maybe F22 EGR
coolant
distributor cap
any wiring connectors, wire, solder, tools.

band aids.........

which parts are you saying i need to get? and which is the parts that are interchangable?

Also why do I have to replace the EGR valve already? I though those were good for some miles is it because the engine sat so long?

The F22 EGR and the H22 EGR might have a different 3 pin connector. I swapped over the EGR to save wiring. Since you have a Prelude, you might not have to switch them.

The F22 waterneck bolts right up to the H22 and saves you the trouble of wiring your secondary cooling fan. JDM engines have one switch for two fans. USDM engines(your F22) have two switches, one for each fan.

I'm pretty sure you'll want a powersteering hose from a DOHC Prelude(H23 or H22), since the F22 has a smaller head with one less cam. It's an easy swap, and Honda charged me $140 for a brand new hose. EBAY or a junkyard would be fine as well.

so i need to get a new power steering hose? is there any other hoses/lines/parts anything that i will need that im forgetting because i wanna get all my parts to get it all done 1st attempt.

is the power steering hose swap required? the new motor doesnt come with it?

is changing the EGR valve required?

as for the waterneck the f22 has 2 switches and the jdm only needs 1 using the f22 waterneck will tell the jdm engine to turn on both correct?

Quoted post[/post]]
so i need to get a new power steering hose? is there any other hoses/lines/parts anything that i will need that im forgetting because i wanna get all my parts to get it all done 1st attempt.
maybe some fuel line, but nothing special. I haven't done your particular swap.

Quoted post[/post]]is the power steering hose swap required? the new motor doesnt come with it?
the new motor might come with a clipped hose, but I doubt you will recieve a whole one. You can try mounting up the F22 pump. Some have done it with success. You don't want to drive the car if the pump is not connected properly.

Quoted post[/post]]is changing the EGR valve required?
Once again, no. If it saves you wiring, and only has two bolts, then I personally would swap it. Make your own call.

Quoted post[/post]]as for the waterneck the f22 has 2 switches and the jdm only needs 1 using the f22 waterneck will tell the jdm engine to turn on both correct?

No. You'd have to wire the single switch over to the second fan. That one switch will run one fan, since that is how your car is wired. Add the second switch. It's a direct swap, and the gasket is a reusable O-ring. Takes less time than arguing, or typing this thread. This is a NO-BRAINER. Just do it.

is there any parts required to buy other then parts on the f22 or h22 that i need in order to switch over the egr valve?

nope. The gasket is easy to re-use, but be careful. If done carefully, the gasket pops up in one piece with the EGR. If not, gasket material is cheap, and any parts counter guy should be able to explain how to manufacture your own gasket. I've removed half a dozen of these EGR's, and only one broke the gasket. A razor blade will help.

Quoted post[/post]]
well is the F22 axels the same as the Uk 2.0 shoc f20a non vetch

Engrish?

Is the F22 axle the same as the UK SOHC F20A non-VTEC?

Should be. The F20 is a direct replacement for the F22, but you should check the tranny code to see if it is the same as a F22 tranny to be sure.

Use the reference section for the tranny stuff.

Back