F22/b18a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18a1build

Gay username^
Ok, here is my question, yes I am new so no need to poke fun, will a B18A1 DOHC head work with my 97 Accords F22B Block? What work will need to be done? Thanks

wow, i havent heard of anyone tryin that yet. um i personally dont think it will because you will be going from a SOHC to a DOHC head, (but i have seen a DOHC on a SOHC before), but the thing that would throw me off would be that the F22 block is a 2.2 liter and the B18 is a 1.8 liter so im not sure, hopefully someone will have an answer soon.....good luck

That won't work at all, not even close. The F/H-series heads are an inch or so longer than B-series heads, and I'm sure the bolt holes aren't gonna line up.

Look towards an H23 head instead. You can get one for fairly cheap, it's bolt-on, and it will give you a few extra horses and dual cams to play around with.

alright, thanks guys, I just have a b18a1 block and head almost complete and was deciding what I want to do with it. Thanks for the advice.

alright, thanks guys, I just have a b18a1 block and head almost complete and was deciding what I want to do with it. Thanks for the advice.

want some advise..... stick a B16a head on there and make a LS/Vtec..... or GSR head, Type-R head....

Back