1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F22 build...

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by lamorgamor, Jun 18, 2008.

1. lamorgamor

lamorgamor New Member

I have owned a 1990 Honda Accord in the past it was my first car. Well its been about a year and I think I want to try with the Accord again so Im considering buying another one. First off Id like it to be fast but streetable, maybe running about a 14 or 14.5. Id like to know if its possible to get a good bit of power out of that motor without putting a hell of alot of money into it, and if so what kind of upgrades should I do to the motor. Please be as detailed as possible. Any info is appreciated.

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Welcome to HondaSwap!

E beat me to it. ;)

If you're going for drag, a nice junkyard turbo setup can be put onto the F22 for not too much cash and still make really good power numbers.

3. lamorgamor

lamorgamor New Member

thanks =] i think turboing it sounds pretty good, im sure i could pick up a good kit, problem is i dont know pretty much anything about turbo cars and tuning and preping the engine for the turbo. just trying to pick up every bit of info i can get.

4. nootrac22

nootrac22 Well-Known Member VIP

f22 is a decent platform to get cheap reilable HP from. In stock form it has low compression and cast iron sleeves, both good for boost. There is a guy on here who had one.

5. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

Im selling a manifold, turbo and wastegate for that car cheap right now......GOOD parts, no Ebay shit!!!

6. lamorgamor

lamorgamor New Member

Thanks for the info. I dont have the engine or car right now since i just got the money and im still looking for a good deal... but how much are you selling those parts for?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted