F22 Civic Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am wondering on the possibilities of throwing in a F22B1 into a 95 Civic EX...I want to get an F20B for the Accord and the Civic is in need of a motor before winter...

Does anyone know what would be needed to do that kind of swap and If it is worth looking into...otherwise I would end up buying a new motor for the civic and the accord...thanks...

It would be almost exactly the same as putting an H22 into a Civic. Entirely possible, but definitely not as easy as a B-series swap.

Ok thanks...Would most of the parts from my Accord be needed for the swap? as in Axles, and other parts that would be replaced if I did a F20B swap for my Accord? Im guessing that I would probably have to at least buy some motor mounts...

Yeah the swap would require custom mounts. The H22 swap mounts from Hasport will work (pretty sure on that, might want to ask them though). Also keep in mind that your Civic's transmission won't bolt up to the Accord motor, so you're going to need to swap that over too, and it will require that you cut into the transmission tunnel and do some customizing.

Like I said, it's not ridiculously difficult, but not the easiest swap either. Honestly it might be more cost effective to just replace your Civic's motor with another D-series. You can find them for pretty cheap.

Back